View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:40 PM
buslady

Lynnie, I worked on your DQ all weekend and it is almost done. I am not happy with the corners. You will see when you get it, but by the time I finish it up I hope to hide the wonkiness of them. LOL I tried a technique I had never done, but had been thinking about for a loooong time. If I could have got my serger to do some gathering for me it might look better. Talk about using the ripper. Oye!! So much going on that I am having trouble finding time to sew. When I have time, I am too tired. So, a little here, a little there, I had to go out of town Sunday for DGD & DGS wrestling match and to a meeting on Monday, both days were 2 hour driving each way. So I took a bunch of hand work with me. Life saver, as I hate long drives, seems like such a waste of time. Prescious time I will never get back. LOL DH drives for me and I sew. Or read. Or both. Well, I hope to get your DQ in the mail by end of week, but lets say next Monday, just so I don't have to appologize! LOL Oh, I did one thing. I went to the post office today to see what the best way to package for overseas delivery. Line was Looong!! Left. Got a salad for lunch and went back. No line. But no help. Lady behind the counter didn't want to be bothered with looking it up. "I think it is $XXX" I told her I needed to know. Next amount was 4X the first. I came back here and signed up for USPS home postage program. The answer was right there. I think I have a new favorite program. OH, and they put $5 free postage that can be used in the next 30 days!! Whoop Whoop