Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up

Super Member Nancy in Louisiana's Avatar

Jan DQ

My partner Nancia and I are both cursed with magnetic personalities that seem to attract only stray animals. We decided to make each other a mini with this theme in mind. Here is the one I sent her:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is to cute
    I love to collect roosters of any kind. I also love embroidery thread for my machine. My favorite color is purple and i am just a plain old country girl.lol

Nancy, love the dog house DQ, I would have to take home everyone of those puppies
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post

LOL - Hubby got preempted by the dog eh?
    Krystyna - it always strikes me...Daisy really looks like our Pip's twin sister... just look at her - the pup on the right below. I showed my DH the photo of you enjoying your beautiful quilt and the first thing he said was "That looks like Pippy!"
    Oh my gosh! Yes! Do you know what Pippy is? We adopted Daisy and I think she might be a mix of chihuahua and cairn terrier. Pip has that crazy hair like Daisy -- they look like lions. Does she growl when you pet her? Daisy makes the craziest noises.
    Krystyna
    Embrace each new day with gratitude

Blog Entries
    NanaKathy55, that is such a sweet quilt. Love the charms!
    Nancy, love those pups. That is too sweet. And, like you, I suspect that if we had a larger house there would be more than just two adoptees in our home.
    Krystyna

NanaKathy - your heart quilt is so pretty and delicate - the lace and the yo-yos add such a sweet touch!
    Nancy - how cute your doggy quilt is and what a great, personalized idea for Nancia!
    My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

Lara

LOL Krystyna - I like your guess on Daisy's ancestry. It looks just about right. We adopted Pip too - she was confiscated by the Humane Society from a puppy mill. We were told that the mill was cranking out "designer" breeds and that Pip is half mini schnauzer and half yorkie. When I looked at pictures of "Schnorkies" only one of them looked like Pip. Your Daisy is the closest I've seen. My DD's BF calls her "the cutest funny looking dog I've ever seen".
    And YES to the crazy noises! All the mumbling, and moaning and under her breath cursing really cracks us up.
    My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

Lara

DQ from Skaduzy

Hey everyone! Look what I received from Skaduzy! Isn't it beautiful. So sweet. She went with a Valentine theme. The applique is gorgeous and look at that stippling! I absolutely LOVE IT! I also received socks, notepad and post-it notes. I am one lucky lady. THANK YOU so much Sue!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Blog Entries
    Very cute, Skaduzy! The quilting is wonderful. Mine is done and just about to be mailed!
    Krystyna

I hope to mail CrazyquiltinRobin's on Wednesday. I am trying to get a binding on it. I have already reworked it twice and then tore all of the binding off as it didn't catch. Will hopefully get it done tonight and in the mail tomorrow.
    Love the DQs that are coming in.
    Aunt Janey

Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast