January Mini Quilt Swap

Old 01-28-2015, 06:00 PM

My partner, Dabbler312, and I have been in touch throughout the month. I believe we are on track. She has life going on which may explain her being quiet on the board.

My mini for her is complete. I'm working on a small project for her (which is turning into an addiction

I'll be mailing Saturday - I know, it's the 11th hour but -gasp- we have commitments that will fill our time both tomorrow and Friday.

I will send tracking info to both of you when I mail.

Best,
deb in beautiful snow covered Maine

[QUOTE=tlambing;7066958]...2 partner sets (i haven't heard from) ...
Old 01-28-2015, 06:16 PM

Thanks for letting me know Whigrose.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:49 PM

letsquilt That is one cute mini you got from SheriR love your quilting on it. Hope you come and join us we have a lot of fun here and are always trying new thing on are mini.

tlambing like your mini from quiltjoey great job. We have had so many pretty mini this month.
Old 01-28-2015, 11:37 PM
Power Poster

Letsquilt that is a very pretty mini from SheriR.

Teresa very pretty mini from quiltjoey. Pretty redwork.

Whigrose I understand how life happens. After me and my sweet partner exchanging addresses. Then my lupus reared its ugly head so I will be sending out my mini later today, but I will make sure to send it first class so it will get there soon. Sending out a quilt block too so then clear for the month. (relief)

Teresa I will be on time though. So I am not going to go to the corner. lol...
Old 01-29-2015, 05:47 AM

Mine went out in the mail yesterday to Klaws. I was later than I hoped but had so many fingers in so many fires. yikes!

I do get nervous about what I send each and every time. I am not great at this. I see some of the quilting jobs done here and think omg... gulp now I am sending THIS? groan. but it works out ok and I know that not everyone is a rock star at this quilting thing so I feel ok. I fall in the not everyone is a rock star category but I do do hand binding! whoop whoop! lol. sometimes it comes out great other times it comes out. I have yet to learn the pull from the back and bring it forward method. I tried twice both times I cut it accidentally doing what I normally do.. and realized too late that well.. that aint going to work! so back to regular binding. good practice for me for sure.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:55 AM

Brat, you worry too much. I know I will love what you sent me. Just remember that I fall in the not everyone is a rock star category also. Although I've been sewing most of my life I've only been quilting for the past year and a half. I consider myself a newbie with a lot to learn! Try to have a good day and stop fretting! <3
Old 01-29-2015, 07:17 PM

i, too, fall in the "not rock star" category! And I kinda fret about if the project will be good enough. But I do enjoy the process and excitement of the surprise and getting something specially made for me in the mail!!
Thanks everyone for such a good "ride" on this swap!! Looking forward to next month, St. Pattie's Day...
Old 01-30-2015, 04:48 AM

SherriR and Quiltjoey, you both made beautiful mini's, all that hand embroidery is fantastic! Rock star category? Not me, I'm pretty much a beginner and have learned so much from being in the swaps. I always worry if the swap project I am working on will be good enough too.

Jan
Old 01-30-2015, 09:02 AM

If you're apprehensive about joining for February...just remember, the theme is only a suggestion. You do not have to make a true St. Patrick's mini. You could just go green. A mini pieced in greens, yellows, black, whites and golds would be very pretty.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:35 AM
Power Poster

The mini I sent out to Laquita is now showing it will be delivered today, so that is faster than first thought.