Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: January Mini Quilt Swap

January Mini Quilt Swap

January mini Quilt swap

January theme “Sealed with a Kiss”

Sign-ups close January 2, 2015

For this swap we will be making miniature quilts. The suggested size is 6-18 inches or anywhere in between, finished. Square, round, rectangle, hexi, it’s up to you.
    (If you and your partner decide to go slightly bigger, that is up to the two of you)

The theme is “Sealed with a Kiss” (Love/Hearts/Valentines Day)
    either your literal interpretation or just the color way you choose.
    The little quilt must have a top, batting and backing and must be bound. You can use any method you wish to fashion the top, piecing, appliqué, whole cloth, thread painting etc.

This will be a partnered swap. Each partner will make a mini quilt for the other.
    (Partners cannot impose requirements or expectations upon each other.)

Please PM tlambing by Friday, January 2nd to sign up. I will then match up names and get them out to you by the evening of January 3rd . You will have until January 31st to mail your tiny quilt to your partner. This is a FIRM DEADLINE!
    Please don’t sign up unless you can commit fully to this deadline.

Please pm the following info to tlambing if you wish to join us:

*if you’re a returning player, I have your info just send me your name and any changes*

Board name:
    Phone # :
    (this will not be given to your partner, this is for my use only in the event that a problem should arise)
    Do you have any allergies:
    Do you have any allergens (cats, dogs, smoker etc.)
    Can you ship internationally:
    Do you have the ability to post pictures:

As soon as names are given, please contact your partner right away.
    Please contact me asap if you are having trouble getting in contact.
    Please continue to post on the thread throughout the swap. Let everyone know of your progress, post sneak peeks and encourage other swappers It’s so much fun seeing everyones progress and sharing in our quilting friendship.

Any swapper that fails to follow through and does not contact me and their partner will be banned from any of my future swaps and will receive bad (swap)feedback. I know that sometimes things happen that are out of our control, I certainly would take this into consideration, but you MUST COMMUNICATE.

****Please make sure to read the general rules that apply to all swaps here on the quilting board****

I am required to insist that participants send me, tlambing, at least 1 PM during this month long swap to verify that they are still active in this swap and are working on their promised project.

I am required to insist that participants notify me, tlambing as soon as they have finished their quilt and are ready to mail it.

Once I have received notice that both partners are ready to mail, I will send each of you a pm to let you know it’s time to mail.

I am required to insist that all participants send me, tlambing verification of shipment, including tracking information.

Participants are required to insure that packages will not arrive “postage due”

Any and all other fees, such as import duties, taxes, etc imposed by the recipients government are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

Absent legitimate and reported mitigating circumstances, participants who have not fulfilled their obligation to ship by January 31st shall be deemed as “late” and risk receiving Negative (swap) feedback.

Please keep in touch with me and your partner as required. Please let me know right away if something happens that will interfere with your ability to complete your project on time.

Swappers should treat each other as friends and focus on the fun. So…please be prepared to be flexible, patient and understanding if necessary and appropriate.

I'm in, sending you a PM!

Jan

Just sent a PM,a returning person so you should have my info.
    PMarch

We have 6 signed up already!
    What a "sweet" group of people you are!

If you don't have my name already, I'll send a PM. I've got mine already finished.
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

I'm in will send PM

Blog Entries
    I just can't pass this up...So, I'm in!

Klaws, You go girl!!!

Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

I'm in again! LOVE is in the air!!!!!
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I'm in was just waiting for the sign ups. I'll send right away as we'll be leaving in a couple of weeks but may not be able to post what is received until the 1st of Febr. Presents waiting for me to come home, that will be nice.

We have quite a few players already!
    It does my "heart" good to see you all

Blog Entries
    I will miss not being here for this one, but I am going to have to pick and choose only a couple of swaps due to finances (fixed income). Before postage wasn't a problem, but our budget will be tighter do to having to get a (what is new to us car). Our other one was on it's last wheels. lol.... This month I will be in on the pincushion swap which I always belonged too, and didn't do theirs too much lately. I will be watching all the beautiful mini's as they come in. Have fun everyone!
    "Sometimes it's OK if the only thing you did today was breathe."
    Good friends are right there with you.

Susan

Junebillie do what I do. I ask for stamps as gifts now. I get them for all the holidays from my son. They make the difference between being able to swap and just watching. just a thought I know we would love to have you. so maybe just maybe you can find a way to join next month!

I am in! sign me up! sending my information now! thanks Teresa for doing this. I cant wait to see all the creative ideas that come from this one! I would love to know my partners favorite things so I can incorporate them if I can with my wall hanging!
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    That is a good idea Linda.

Susan

I'm in again too!!! Sending PM now!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

We're up to a dozen sweet little quilters

ok I am into sparkly gilt fabric, like an old fashioned valentine. I think of those where the kitty had a valentine in his mouth and there was glitter on the card and well it gives me a happy feeling lol. angles with valentines, those 50's reproduction fabrics that have old cards on them. I love all that. Victorian valentines? oh heck yeah they were super cute. I guess I am an old fashioned girl lol. I know some of you are very modern in your likes. so make sure you tell me!!! Remember when Valentines was coming and you spent a long time thinking about who got what card in your box of cards? it took me forever. I wanted the perfect card for each person. I think the boys were only looking for candy in theirs lol but boy took me a long time so the guy you liked well would get the hint. oh yes I love this holiday lol. I could leave this stuff up all year long. Cant wait to see who my partner is!!!!
    Linda

ps I think they never got the hint. dorks!
    Linda

Did you expect anything else from a boy???
    Karen

I am not a fabricaholic. I am the curator of an extensive private textile collection.

Blog Entries
    We had some crafty kids in our class in school - they were lucky and got to make homemade valentines using construction paper, glue and glitter and the really good ones had paper doilies as well and came with candy or gum in the envelope. We saved shoe boxes, cereal boxes or other boxes that would work to be decorated and set on your desk for your classmates to put valentines in. It was always a fun afternoon party at school; great holiday and still one of my favorites.
    Be good to yourself - do one thing each day that makes you smile.

I remember the shoe boxes with the slit in the top for valentines. Fond memories!
    Karen

Blog Entries
    Linda, I remember those cards too. They were gorgeous. Such pretty glitter and the kitties and hearts. I am old fashioned too, and love anything Victorian. They were so much bigger than those tiny ones today, but cost less.

Susan

Woohoo!! Off to 35th Ave to pick up some more Valentine's themed fabrics!! Happy Almost New Year's Eve, everyone!!
    Outside of a book, a dog is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read -- Groucho Marx

OOOooOOOoo sounds like fun MizMelly!
    I hope to start mine this weekend. Names out on Saturday.
    Don't you just LOVE this swap?

Just one more day to sign up for the January pincushion/needlecase swap. Teresa, will you be joining us this month? Everybody is welcome no matter whether you are a beginner or advanced.
    Karen

I'm in, sent you my info
    My Avatar "Kiya" by Deborah Grayson Studios (c)2008
    http://www.graysonstudios.com
    http://www.debbeedoesquilting.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast