Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: July 2013 Secret Pal Swap Closes June 30 4pm CST

Quote Originally Posted by brenda21 View Post
    ME ME ME.....I LOVE SMARTIES!!!! and Im in a very big state!!
    Well you may maybe my swap partner, or you may not??? But my swap partner is going to be getting a 2nd shipment as a very smart person is helping me out. Thank you quiltingdragon for offering to help me with my swap partner and things I can't find.

Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    The pincushion is darling. (So is the bad puppy!) I don't knit, but I have friends who do. Is this the pattern for the knitted pincushion? http://www.gallentine.org/Knitting/PinCushion.html
    I crochet so think I might be able to "translate" the pattern to a crochet one if this is the pattern.
    Close but the pattern I used uses #7 needles and 20 cast on stitches but the same # of rows for each section. There are a few variations of that pincushion, and at that site was this one similar in design but a crochet pattern.
    http://notyouraveragecrochet.com/tut...ns/pincushion/ But your site had several I may want to try. I even saw one similar but each section had different number of stitches and so had graduated heights-that's the first time I've seen that one too.
    fayzar gunny looks truly contrite, I'd forgive him as I'm sure you did too, especially after he returned it-maybe he was trying to smoke??? The only thing missing that I can tell is the tea I meant to include but I forgot to put it in, so its on me not gunny.

Well, I *did* receive a wonderful package today from Maps! I will post pictures in the morning of all my goodies..she sent 2 patterns (one of which may be getting started this weekend!),2 packs of beads for my beading projects, a flip flop notebook that is adorable, flipflop post it notes, a journal, a mini notepad and pen, 7 large and pretty pieces of fabric and a Mickey Mouse pen that I just love since I still get homesick for south Florida! hugs!!
    Brenda

Blog Entries
    Well tracking says my pkg was delivered to my SP on Wednesday. I'm glad but I had a great hint, so I'll give it anyway.
    Have you heard about the Honey BooBoo scratch and sniff episode? Well relax, I'm not gonna ask you to smell any thing!
    I'm gonna SING! And you will (thankfully) not really hear it! Ready??

clearing throat....

nodding to pianist...

****I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz***

bowing...and running off the stage!
    Blessed Be
    Darlene

So many great packages coming in. Quilters are wonderfully generous, so many beautiful things. I have had so much fun doing this and seeing what everyone else is doing. Can't wait until next month!

Blog Entries
    Still on the porch waiting for mine...love the anticipation!!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Quote Originally Posted by sewdamncute View Post
    Well tracking says my pkg was delivered to my SP on Wednesday. I'm glad but I had a great hint, so I'll give it anyway.
    Have you heard about the Honey BooBoo scratch and sniff episode? Well relax, I'm not gonna ask you to smell any thing!
    I'm gonna SING! And you will (thankfully) not really hear it! Ready??

clearing throat....

nodding to pianist...

****I remember the night and the Tennessee Waltz***

bowing...and running off the stage!
    Wow Darlene!!! Whew I heard you all the way to Missouri........ Applause Applause.......
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by starshine View Post
    Close but the pattern I used uses #7 needles and 20 cast on stitches but the same # of rows for each section. There are a few variations of that pincushion, and at that site was this one similar in design but a crochet pattern.
    http://notyouraveragecrochet.com/tut...ns/pincushion/
    Thanks. I was going to use single crochet -- it will make up faster with half-double. I think I might try one this afternoon just for fun.

Blog Entries

my swap arrived!!

thank you for the great swap. i loved everything. :-D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    JuanitaBean: I received your package on Tuesday. Thank you so much for everything but especially the Aurifil thread which I really wanted to try. I appreciate the pattern, the tapemeasure, the hanging heart, the 3 yellow and blue fabrics that are sweet and the bunch of leftover blocks from a quilt you made. It was a lovely package.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Boom 12 - Short & Sweet

Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 ... LastLast