Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July - October 2015 Wall Hanging Swap >

July - October 2015 Wall Hanging Swap

July - October 2015 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 11-22-2015, 03:42 AM
Power Poster

Hello swap buddies, I so agree JNCT, this is a really nice swap. It grows more precious with every new beginning. We share so much of ourselves here and getting to know everyone has been a great pleasure for me. We have shared joyous victories and recently, a sad loss. We have impact on each others lives, even as distant neighbors and friends.
I keep a piece of you all in my heart and I send you all a thoughtful and loving thanks, giving this season and always.

Thank you Rhonda for a wonderful swap.
peace to all
Old 12-01-2015, 03:13 PM

I'm sad

I've done three swaps and no one ever posts what I send ... it's a tad upsetting b/c I get such joy in receiving mine and sharing it with everyone.

If people don't share, does it usually mean they don't like it??

Just curious because I feel like I shouldn't be participating in the swaps if people don't like what I am making.

Thanks,

Marion
Old 12-01-2015, 03:40 PM

Marion, I have a pic of the lovely wall hanging you sent me in the June swap at post #347 of that thread. I am using it still on my table. QUOTE=MarionsQuilts;7391822]I'm sad

I've done three swaps and no one ever posts what I send ... it's a tad upsetting b/c I get such joy in receiving mine and sharing it with everyone.

Just curious because I feel like I shouldn't be participating in the swaps if people don't like what I am making.

Thanks,

Marion[/QUOTE]
Old 12-01-2015, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts View Post
I'm sad

Thanks,

Marion
Nahhh it means they either have life happening or are rude. I know the feeling though and have had it happen more then once or people not sending anything back and or acknowledging they received your item. I am sorry this has happened to you. Please do not give up.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Annaquilts View Post
Nahhh it means they either have life happening or are rude. I know the feeling though and have had it happen more then once or people not sending anything back and or acknowledging they received your item. I am sorry this has happened to you. Please do not give up.
So sorry this has happened Marion, I am surprised by this. Sometimes other things do get in the way and then our little quilts get forgot. There are some people who aren't able to post pictures also, but they sure could at least post that they received it. Maybe we need to make a 2nd rule of the swap. The quilts really should be acknowledged. PM Rhonda and see if she has any ideas. Give her your swappers name and maybe she can find out something or PM the person and ask.

I just can't imagine anyone who would participate in this or any swap being so rude as to not make it known that they received their swap quilt.

Again I am sorry this happened but please don't give up your joy for other peoples actions.

Do we need to be more strict about acknowledging receiving our swap quilts? Everyone agree or disagree with this?

I think it is the right thing to do.
peace

Last edited by ube quilting; 12-01-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Power Poster

Hi Marion, here is a photo of where I have your quilt displayed and I even use it to tuck my toes under when I am sitting on my couch on chilly nights!

I had originally thought I had this one in the sewing room, I was wrong!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]536849[/ATTACH]
peace
Attached Thumbnails dsc06248.jpg  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:58 AM

Marion I love your work, please stay in the swap!
Old 12-03-2015, 02:19 PM

Hi Marion, don't leave the swap. I for one have been having a lot of problems posting pictures. My main computer died and because I travel so much for work and my work computer is always with me my employer said it was ok for me to use for personal so I have been. However, the downside to that is that I cannot seem to post, or even, send pictures from it. I have talked to the IT department, and they cannot figure out why I am having problems. I ordered a new laptop for home Black Friday weekend and I am just waiting for it to now arrive. Hopefully I will be able to once again post picture on the various swaps I am in.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:20 PM

Thank you ladies! I know they've received them b/c they have PM'd me, but it just seems not right to not post pics for everyone else to see!

I'll stay in the swaps, because I have so much fun making them anyway!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm a very happy camper, because while it is December, there is still NO SNOW in Ottawa!!! Yipee!!!
Old 12-07-2015, 03:00 PM
Power Poster

I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah!! I am so pleased with how well all of the wall hangings turned out!! We have an excellent bunch of quilt swappers!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PARTICIPATING IN MY SWAPS!! I can't tell you how much it means to me to know you are all involved in keeping this swap alive.

I know there was a lot of waiting involved this month. Partly due to international mailing and partly due to being a high volume of mail at this time of year. Your patience has been much appreciated!

I hope you all have a great holiday and start a wonderful new year in a few weeks.

I'm posting this here and in the ongoing swap. THANKS TO YOU ALL PAST AND PRESENT SWAPPERS!! Rhonda