March - Boom 18

Old 02-19-2017, 11:03 AM

All..Im pulling my hair out doing mine!! Finished one and it kept rejecting it...the next two went fine..then I started on mine and it said I owed the Federal a ton..had to start over and figured where I forgot to do it right so now its not too bad but I still owe. I think Ill quit work, reject my ss payments, adopt about 10 kids, sign up for food stamps then I can get thousands of $$ back from the government!! LOL I dont mind paying what I owe but I wish there was a program for us "older" adults where we didnt have to pay after we started getting SS. Glad Im done..now maybe I can find time to sew a little today. I LOVE the blocks being made for everyone..Kass always amazes me with her blocks. I want to be her when I grow up
Old 02-19-2017, 12:26 PM

Joan hubby was a little nervous doing ours since we didn't have taxes taken out of my SS. Without my income we dropped into a lower tax bracket and it turned out ok.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:25 PM

Two more blocks for Lstew2212 - Practical Orchard with solids (orange, green, yellow, and purple) and Patience Corners with blenders (red, yellow, orange, purple).
Attached Thumbnails lstew3.jpg   lstew2.jpg  
Old 02-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Power Poster

Pretty blocks, jlt...
Old 02-19-2017, 09:55 PM

Joan, my block is great, except I'm in the April group, not the March group.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:18 AM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
All..Im pulling my hair out doing mine!! Finished one and it kept rejecting it...the next two went fine..then I started on mine and it said I owed the Federal a ton..had to start over and figured where I forgot to do it right so now its not too bad but I still owe. I think Ill quit work, reject my ss payments, adopt about 10 kids, sign up for food stamps then I can get thousands of $$ back from the government!! LOL I dont mind paying what I owe but I wish there was a program for us "older" adults where we didnt have to pay after we started getting SS. Glad Im done..now maybe I can find time to sew a little today. I LOVE the blocks being made for everyone..Kass always amazes me with her blocks. I want to be her when I grow up
I am with you retired and working at Joanns SS always try to take money away from us after us working all our lives here just not fair lets see what Trumps does if anything lol
Old 02-21-2017, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
Bootsy- sorry to hear that you didn't like Tampa, FL. I live in St Pete but work in Tampa. Come to think of it, I don't really like Tampa either.. LOL... Hope you like your new situation better.

Lstew - best wishes to you and your hubby. I hope the change brings only good things.

Janice - hope you and puppy are feeling better.
All 2 Pieces I come from Rhode Island just thought I would try Florida I am glad to be back home snow and all Fla is ok to visit but thats it I found people to be a little nasty at times along with tornadoes, snakes, humidity etc.... just not for me at all lol
Old 02-21-2017, 07:29 AM

No excuse for the nasty people, but the tornados, snakes and humidity sorta' come with the territory here in the South. LOL You just learn to deal with the things you can't change. On the other hand, me and the snakes can not co-habit! No way, no how!! Ain't going to happen! You can visit us here in NC, though. Promise, we'll be nice.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
All 2 Pieces I come from Rhode Island just thought I would try Florida I am glad to be back home snow and all Fla is ok to visit but thats it I found people to be a little nasty at times along with tornadoes, snakes, humidity etc.... just not for me at all lol
I grew up (my childhood years until High School) in Natick, Mass. We had snakes... Never saw anything venomous or dangerous, but there were plenty of harmless snakes around.

Now that I live in Mississippi, and out in the country, in the sticks... you learn to be at peace with whatever is out there. Regarding snakes, you learn to keep your eyes open and watch where you place your foot in area where there might be snakes. I actually like to see wildlife when I'm outside. We have everything here. Most animals just want to be left alone and will leave you alone, too.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:38 AM

That is one nice thing living in Minnesota no poisonous snakes and very few non poisonous ones. Libster I'm with you on those slimey things. Unfortunately I think we take the cake for mosquitoes and horse flies. Nasty little buggers that are always hungry.