March - Boom 18

Old 02-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
That is one nice thing living in Minnesota no poisonous snakes and very few non poisonous ones. Libster I'm with you on those slimey things. Unfortunately I think we take the cake for mosquitoes and horse flies. Nasty little buggers that are always hungry.
Lol, can tell you've never held a snake, Terri. No slime. They might be shiny but they are dry!

I bet we'd rival you for mosquitos and horse flies in the summer... and we have the trump card too: Chiggers! Hate those invisible demons! I feel itchy just thinking about them.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:45 AM

I now am working on the UFO again, a Crazy Patch Diamond Star quilt that I started years ago and did not have enough scraps. I am finding pieces from this swap and some of the older block swaps I did as well. My only problem is I find that I did not use a lot of darks in my projects. Mostly mediums and lights. Some of the mediums read dark against the light, but not many. Oh well, will not have a lot of variety on the dark I guess.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:02 AM

LOL LOL LOL I was racking my brain trying to figure out what slimy thing had been talked about, I would have never figured out she was talking about snakes! I love having snakes around, love photographing them. I wouldn't want one as a pet, but I'd rather have snakes in the yard then rodents. They are beautiful to look at the colors and irridescent scales, and amazing from an engineering point. How they thrive and are able to ambulate and eat w/o limbs. Just fascinating. And even the venomous ones, the chemical make up of the venom w/ 200+ proteins that even chemists can't understand how they work and interact.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Lol, can tell you've never held a snake, Terri. No slime. They might be shiny but they are dry!

I bet we'd rival you for mosquitos and horse flies in the summer... and we have the trump card too: Chiggers! Hate those invisible demons! I feel itchy just thinking about them.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:05 AM

AMEN about the chiggars!!!!!!!! The bane of the south!!!!! They get you w/ insane itching, and it places you can't scratch in public w/o risking arrest.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
AMEN about the chiggars!!!!!!!! The bane of the south!!!!! They get you w/ insane itching, and it places you can't scratch in public w/o risking arrest.
LOL Kass you are so right!
Old 02-21-2017, 01:41 PM

Ha! I was going to say that very thing but you beat me to it. Dry and incredibly smooth. I actually love snakes and have a very healthy respect for them. DS had a ball Python and we learned a lot about them. I enjoyed handling him occasionally and oddly enough, the snake didn't seem to mind.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Old 02-21-2017, 02:26 PM

Slimey or not I do not like them. Grandson had one and he would take it out of his cage just to watch me try and control my hysterics. Gross, gross gross.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Slimey or not I do not like them. Grandson had one and he would take it out of his cage just to watch me try and control my hysterics. Gross, gross gross.
A lot of people feel the same way as you. I had to relearn my fear of snakes. I think the way they move is incredible. However, they still aren't the fondest thing I'm of...
Old 02-21-2017, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post

LOL Here in NC, we call them red bugs. They do love to burrow into the most inconvenient places you can imagine!
And the darn things do not want to leave either! You learn to stay away from pine straw. With our humidity and red bugs, you will be a miserable human being for about a week or two. Truly, the bane of the South.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

We call them red bugs too... just didn't think others would know what I was talking about. The tight places where elastics in your clothes press into your skin is right where they burrow. The tightness of the elastic gives them help getting under your skin. There are times of the year where you can't go outside and sit on the ground, FOR ANY REASON! Red bugs will eat you alive. Really sucks.