Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015 >

March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015

March Pincushion & Needlecase Swap - Signup ends February 28, 2015

Old 03-03-2015, 06:41 PM

Nice pics ladies, but have to admit it makes me antsy a little. If you have a kitty and are sending to me please mark your package kitty somewhere on it. I don't mind receiving from you at all, but hubby has to open first and make sure no cat hair is on anything. I am really allergic to the hair and break out in hives in about 10 minutes. The RX is very expensive so I would really appreciate it. Don't mean to step on toes here, just asking for your help on this so I can still swap. Hope that doesn't sound stingy to you, don't mean it that way at all
Old 03-03-2015, 07:06 PM

Deb, I don't know why Bee3's picture is gone. We can post pictures of our furbabies here. There is no rule against it.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:20 PM
Power Poster

I've seen lots of fur babies here.
my furbaby Zoey, had a great adventure for Valentines day. the other night
she told me all about it. if anyone wants to hear a Zoey store, let me know.

Jaba, that's so terrible, we will all be careful if sending to you. wouldn't want anything
happen to you. will make a mental note of that.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:41 PM

Klaws,
Thanks, I think he's pretty darn cute, too...and dh and I certainly waited long enough to get him...I used to tease my son I was going to be my own grandma! My son would fire right back at me that at the rate he was going he'd start asking any potential dates if they had grandkids!.. lol..

Well, I have my partners pin cushion done...now I'm working on the needle case.

Sweet pic of your cats, patches.

Jaba,
I have no pets.. I did have my dear kitty, Buttons..Butts for short, but she's been gone almost 6 years. And I didn't start gathering fabrics, quilting until she passed.
But I hear ya on the allergies...as smoke really gets to me, my dh, and especially my mom...as she only has 1 lung.
But I just wash anything that comes in that might be smoky, as I know signing up for these swaps we take a chance on things. A quick hand wash and press with Best Press or the lavender scented spray starch, and it's all fine. Plus, I really enjoy ironing my fabrics.. yes, that's crazy..but I do like the way they look afterwards.
I'm not sure how it works for you with the pet stuff, if washing it will make it okay for you? I know it's the animal's saliva that causes the allergies. Of course they lick themselves, so their hair would be an issue.

My sweet kitty used to get a bath every now and again. Even though she was strictly an indoor cat. Too many mean people that don't mind hurting animals, so we kept her inside. We started bathing her as a kitten. Our rather dh did. I'd hear a "Ree-eowr" coming from the bathroom, and I wasn't sure if it was dh or Butts...haha
After her bath, he'd come out carrying her all wrapped in a towel. We'd dry her as much as possible, which she loved that part. Then she'd promptly jump down from his lap, walk off a lil ways, and go to licking herself...so much for the bath! Haha..

Regards,
K
Old 03-03-2015, 11:00 PM

My puppy sniffs out the package once it is opened. I am OK with kitty or puppy.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:23 AM

Jan I know you are allergic to cats and try to give your name to someone who doesn't have a cat but as you can see it is almost impossible. I'm glad that you spoke up so that everyone is aware.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:21 AM

Thank you klaws, but not necessary. I pretty much know now who has cats or not and I just wait for hubby to open. He vacuums everything off out in the garage and then brings it in the house and uses one of those sticky roller things on it. Works great, he loves it actually, says he gets to see it first He'll come in the door hiding it and tell me I need to wait saying something like "you're going to love this" He's getting really good at that teasing part! Most everyone is pretty careful when they know and I appreciate that. My partner's should be getting their's soon I think, can hardly wait to see what someone made for me. I love these little surprises.
Old 03-04-2015, 06:40 AM

Jaba, thanks so much for letting me know about your allergy to cat dander. I love that your DH takes such good care of you. You sound like quite a team. My fabric is stored in tubs with lids and UFO's of all sizes are still stored when not in progress so no kitties lay on them....but honestly, there is no way to keep things hair free. It is the hazard of having pets.

It is really important to let people know about allergies. I had a partner who let me know that she could not have anything that had a strong artificial smell or perfume due to asthma....I was so glad she let me know, I might have included a candle or other artificial smelly thing. (Sorry I haven't had my second cup of coffee!)

Deb
Old 03-04-2015, 09:25 AM
Banned

As you all might have figured out by now, I did not sign
up for this months swap.

There is only approximately 37 days until the birth of Zack.
Of course I am excited, but very nervous too. Don't ask me
why I am the one nervous, just am.

Have that darn crud that seems to be going around now.
Didn't work yesterday or today.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
Jaba, thanks so much for letting me know about your allergy to cat dander. I love that your DH takes such good care of you. You sound like quite a team. My fabric is stored in tubs with lids and UFO's of all sizes are still stored when not in progress so no kitties lay on them....but honestly, there is no way to keep things hair free. It is the hazard of having pets.

It is really important to let people know about allergies. I had a partner who let me know that she could not have anything that had a strong artificial smell or perfume due to asthma....I was so glad she let me know, I might have included a candle or other artificial smelly thing. (Sorry I haven't had my second cup of coffee!)

Deb
I just had to say you're "or other artificial smelly thing" cracked me up!!
K