Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th >

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th

Old 03-13-2013, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by sewdamncute View Post
I'll go with you!!! Especially if we can find some of those kilt wearing laddies!
I've rounded up a small selection known personally to me, but if you don't like any of them, I can find more
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401457[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dscn0628a.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 03:07 AM

An amazing package arrived in the United States yesterday from Aberdeen, Scotland. I am so blessed to have been the one to receive it. Knitette sent me wonderful things. I would have to say one of my favorite things was the two page letter she sent me. It is a short history lesson on her beautiful area. My next favorite thing is the little flask. It is a smaller version of the one men carry in there kilt at weddings and such. I also received yarn and pattern, many binding clips and a cute little pouch to put them in, tea in several flavors including a whisky flavor, a coaster with the picture of Scotland on it, postcard and a book on what to see and do in Aberdeen, a Scottish Country Recipe book with very interesting recipes, a package of tartan napkins, fabric and gift wrap and gift tags. I can not tell you how happy I was to see something from another country. Thank you so much. You did a great job. I found it interesting that Aberdeen is sometimes called the Granite City. We have a city in Illinois that is Granite City.
Attached Thumbnails p3121678-small-.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 03:20 AM

Both of my SP packages have been delivered and one was acknowledged and pictures posted. The other has not been acknowledged - and it's a big surprise to me that it wasn't. Maybe today it'll come.
Happy Birthday Lori.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:48 AM
Swap Hosts

Happy Birthday, Lori!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401464[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails birthday-balloon.jpg  
Old 03-13-2013, 04:53 AM
Banned

Kninette,

Seeing your picture of the wedding party in kilts is wonderful.

Lori I hope you have a WONDERFUL birthday!!

I can totally relate to the issue of all day, every day pain. Hope
your new meds will help you.

OFF TOPIC ALERT

Colorado State University marching band members will be leaving
today heading to Dublin, Ireland to perform in the St. Patrick's Day
Parade there.
When I saw this on the news last night I was SHOCKED to discover
that the "main" trombone performing part of the band members are
blindfolded. To understand why I am shocked to about them being in
blindfolds you need to see the news clips about the band and their
brief performance and the way they "swing" the horns.
They call it "Trombone Suicide"

CSU Marching Band

Just thought I would share this because it impressed the heck out of me
even more so after I discovered they were blindfolded and doing this move.

Last edited by Quilty-Louise; 03-13-2013 at 05:00 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:05 AM

Happy Birthday Lori!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]401466[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails happy-birthday-flowers.gif  
Old 03-13-2013, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit View Post
::sigh:: I feel bad for my swap partner... I don't think they will have a box as cool as this stuff!! I'm making everything, because I'm too broke to buy a bunch of goodies! I like surprising people, too!

Dear SP: You just might get a box, then a second box after payday!!

You know it's what comes from the heart that matters in giving, and not the dollar amount. I would hope that no one on this list feels they have to compete with the Jones as we were taught when I was a kid. I personally cherish anything anyone does for me and knowing they gave it in the spirit of love and what they could do.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
SP, I promise to mail out your package tomorrow. I know it's not the deadline yet but I know how difficult it is to wait while everyone is getting theirs ahead of the deadline. I did mean to send it out earlier than this but got motivated to make a few homemade things to add to your box.

The bible says "the first shall be last, and the last shall be first". Last is good. :-)
Old 03-13-2013, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by catpawski View Post
Just have to tell everyone I got the perfect package from Carol....clsurz.............all fabric ....batiks and tone on tones............WAH..HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm happy you are happy with the selection. I also love batiks and when I went to Padauch Quilt Show last April I went to the JoAnn's of Padauch and came back with a boat load of batiks and other fabrics. I believe I may have a better selection of fabrics in my house than any store around here, even the LQS in a neighboring town. I tried to pick the color schemes you asked for.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by queenof2802 View Post
I am postal! Wow, inernational shipping is expensive. Think next time I swap with an international friend, I will order and have it shipped.
Regarding international shipping.... I got a shock to when the package I was going to use for PR would be $59 but in talking with a lady at postal she recommended I send it in a padded envelope for 1st class postage so I followed her recommendation.

Here is what I discovered the next day after I had purchased a #2 brown padded envelope from Walmart. I went to our military PX to get something else and came upon an aisle where it had postal envelopes and such put out by USPS. That envelope cost me 55 cents as I recall, maybe 60 and about 40 cents cheaper than the one from Walmart.

So I put the stuff in both USPS envelopes for both my SP's one here in the states and the other for international. The one that went to NY only cost me 4.33 a savings of over a dollar from brown envelope and the one going to England only cost $16.75 a savings of almost $3.

These new padded envelopes also stated it was replacing the old #2 envelopes and it was probably about an inch larger than the brown padded envelope I had bought at Walmart.

So both envelopes only cost me $21.01 compared to the almost $26 plus it would have cost me otherwise for postage. So y'all may want to check into that next time.

You can pack alot of fabric in these new #2 white USPS envelopes if you know how to squeeze it in. Now if you are sending more than fabric than a box would do better.