Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st >

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

May 2014 Pincushion & Needlecase Swap ~ signup closes May 1st

Old 05-18-2014, 10:13 AM

Susan I hope that your father is feeling better. I know what it is to have a sick parent. Here are 2 pics of the hexies I've done. The blue, brown, white one is now put all together but not finished and the white one I haven't finished either as I'm off one hexagon.

I haven't heard from my swap partner either and I'm waiting for one pincushion. It's a real nice and sunny day here. NO MORE RAIN. Everyone have a great day
Attached Thumbnails 010.jpg   011.jpg  
Old 05-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Power Poster

Those hexies are pretty. What do you usually put on the back of yours when you have finished them?

There are so many things you can use them in even for small projects, and then the beauty of them in the bed size quilt. I may end up wanting to do the bed size quilt.

Lynnie told me they are addicting, and she was right. I love learning new thing.

Last edited by JuneBillie; 05-18-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:21 PM

I haven't finished one yet. I think I would put a batting, backing, and a binding like a regular quilt. I am going to cut it square so it won't be hard.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

i'm putting batting and a bcking on this one, and prob, send it out to a laer. it's gonna be big. last one i did at home 55 x 65 with polar fleece for Zoey. she claimed it. Oh, and shes out to night on another adventure.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie that is cute with the stories of Zoey's adventures.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Power Poster

Well, it's 10:50 and my cell phone just rang. It was Zoey. she never calls on the house phone, Larry says coz she can text on the cell phone. I don't even know how to do that yet. She says not to worry, since Friday night was so horrible out, she's staying out late tonight. They are going down to the docks to looks for something yummy to eat. That means she'll have bait breath tonight when she comes into see me.I hope it's not squid, i hate squid. so slimy. but she says it's super yummy. she said the docks were busy tonight. people crabbing. So her and Chowder will be having crab legs too. and for this i Brushed HER HAIr!!!!!!. At least she won't be chilly in his helicopter tonight. If she comes in early enough, she can go out with Zazzles later in the week. (Chowder heard that Zazzles takes her to the dock for crab legs, so that's why they flew there in his helicopter tonight.) Zazzles is going to have to step up his game if he wants to keep Zoey interested in him. I hate to say it, being my kitty and all, but she's a DIVA!!!
Old 05-19-2014, 04:52 AM
Power Poster

I received a couple of very nice things filled with so much love yesterday when I got my mail. I just want to say thank you both from the bottom of my heart. I had the biggest smile on my face, and it really made my day. It brightens today too when in a while I will take dad to the doctor. Such wonderful friends on this board. I want to show you a few pictures of what they made since I know we all like pictures on this swap.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476025[/ATTACH]
This is a beautiful bookmark that Peg made, and a pretty card. Also was a lovely note inside the card. I love to read, so this bookmark will fit so perfectly. Each little section as you can see has the prettiest little fabrics with different patterns. Thank you Peg.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]476030[/ATTACH]

This is a picture of a beautiful mug rug I received yesterday from Karen, but I don't think I will be setting anything on it. Also a pretty card with a very nice message inside. She did very nice quilting on it. All the polka dots are so pretty, and cheerful. Yummy looking cup cakes. It looks so nice how she put the letters on it. The back side is like the binding with pink and white polka dots. Thank you so much Karen. It will go up in my sewing area.

I also earlier had received a little birthday gift from Lynnie of a beaded Key Chain, and a little mirror with some work she did on it. They also are so beautiful, but I have to see if she minds if I put a picture up for you to see. Thank you again Lynnie.

The people on this board are great people, and add so much to our lives.

Everyone have a great day, and I hope some of you find some goodies you are waiting on at the post office today.
Attached Thumbnails 100_2016-small-.jpg   100_2022-small-.jpg  

Last edited by JuneBillie; 05-19-2014 at 04:56 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:43 AM
Power Poster

go ahead and show a picture. have fun, it's your day!!!
Still no pincushion in the mail for me. maybe tomorrow.
No word from my swap partner either. I wonder if she opened it.
Got a call from my mom this morning. My stepfather died last night.
It's an end of an era, or maybe i should say error. He was over the top
abusive. And to make matters worse, my brother from Texas is coming
in. He was also very abusive to me. He scares the shit outta me. I'm really
afraid of him. I'm hoping he'll be on his best behavior and not start in on me.
It's on wednesday, a half day and creamation. thank god that's over. Ryan
lives in my moms basement, says he's not worried, but i know he's afraid
my mom might sell and where will he live. I told him he's welcome here, but
where. I'd have to give up my sewing room. i'm willing to do that for him, because
like any normal mom, i love him to death and think he's the cat's meow. I'd
actually love him to live here, but i think he's used to his independence.
Hopefully I'll get a pincushion tomorrow. I need to work on next months. I'm
behind and gotta get a move on.
Zoey says 'Hi!" to all, and she had a great time last night.

Ya know something weird, whenever someone dies, i get a phonecall/hangup.
i got one about 10:45 last night. mom said he died them. strange.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

Lynnie I am so sorry for what all you are going through right now. Abuse is never right, and it's a thing hard to get over, but I don't think anyone does. They do the best they can I guess to go on and live their life. You are in my prayers, and yes you are a good mother so that will all work out how it is suppose to. My prayers are with you, your son and husband, and other family of yours. If you need anything that I could do, I am here.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:45 AM

Lynnie, I am so sorry for what you have to go through. I know it isn't easy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Like Susan, I am here if you need anything.