Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1042 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 42 542 942 992 1032 1041 1042 1043 1052 1092 1142 ... LastLast
Results 10,411 to 10,420 of 11912

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Blog Entries
    Thank you Quiltermomma - I love these two beautiful blocks that you made for me. I am intrigued by the color combinations and the design - I have looked at this pattern but never been brave enough to try it. These are the first two blocks for my new quilt that I will make from my monthly swaps - I am so blessed with these two beautiful blocks and the gorgeous applique quilt from quiltermomma - I am the luckiest swapper ever!Name:  2012 June Quilts 008.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  940.2 KB
    "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold" - Friends on this Quilting Board are treasures indeed!

Hi all! I'm Sauki1 (Angie) and I just signed up for the next swap. This sounds like a great opportunity to see some spectacular squares by some very talented quilters! I can't wait to start.

Welcome Sauki1--you will be so happy you joined this swap. Here is the beauty I received from zzmom. First one with my new color choices.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    very pretty blocks
    In my quilt lab!

Quote Originally Posted by sustraley View Post
    Welcome Sauki1--you will be so happy you joined this swap. Here is the beauty I received from zzmom. First one with my new color choices.
    I love, love, love the use of fabric designs and colors in this block.

best,
    d
    My best is the least I can do.
    Mug Rug #2 Swap
    Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap VIII- My theme is any block of kiwi greens, tangerine oranges, and a smidge of deep turquoise and dark chocolate browns.
    2012-2013 Row by Row-Groups 6 & 7 ... 2011-2012 Quilt for Quilters Swap

I received my block from Roe (Rosalie) yesterday and I love it - love the style of the block. Here's pics of the one she sent me and the ones I sent her. The 'windmill' block was a test, but it turned out a wee bit short - it was too pretty to pitch so sent it anyway. She liked both and said she'd use them in her quilt. I love this swap - hope we keep it up. It's been so quiet last couple months, guess everyone is busy w/outdoor work. Keep in touch everyone..;o)

Hugs to all,
    Jean

Name:  Bee Blk from Rosalie 6-12.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  79.4 KB

Name:  Jun Blk 2 to Roe.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  Jun Blk to Roe.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  59.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    I received my block from Roe (Rosalie) yesterday and I love it - love the style of the block. Here's pics of the one she sent me and the ones I sent her. The 'windmill' block was a test, but it turned out a wee bit short - it was too pretty to pitch so sent it anyway. She liked both and said she'd use them in her quilt. I love this swap - hope we keep it up. It's been so quiet last couple months, guess everyone is busy w/outdoor work. Keep in touch everyone..;o)

Hugs to all,
    Jean

Name:  Bee Blk from Rosalie 6-12.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  79.4 KB

Name:  Jun Blk 2 to Roe.JPG
Views: 143
Size:  80.6 KB

Name:  Jun Blk to Roe.JPG
Views: 154
Size:  59.4 KB
    Jean............I just LOVE the blocks you have made for your partner!! They are all so pretty & the color's are wonderful. I haven't participated for the last year, but hopefully I can return in the Fall.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

This board has the MOST TALENTED quilters!! Great job everyone.

Well now- big bummer. I did up the two blocks for my June swap partner and I love them. But they have a problem. Sigh. Seems I overshot the sentence in the pattern where it instructs the sewer to use '1/4 scant seams'. Agh.

But my partner is amazing - I told her my dilemma and that I was going make up new blocks for her. And I promised her she would get them soon or I'd do the dishes. (She giggled and told me NOT to hurry. Imagine.)

Here's the blocks I goofed on. Her request was Depression blocks in bold colors.

How did I 'almost' do?

best,
    d
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    My best is the least I can do.
    Mug Rug #2 Swap
    Monthly Quilting Bee Block Swap VIII- My theme is any block of kiwi greens, tangerine oranges, and a smidge of deep turquoise and dark chocolate browns.
    2012-2013 Row by Row-Groups 6 & 7 ... 2011-2012 Quilt for Quilters Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Whigrose View Post

How did I 'almost' do?

best,
    d
    Oh! I think those are wonderful blocks! I would find a way to use them! I love the colors.