Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1178 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 178 678 1078 1128 1168 1177 1178 1179 1188 ... LastLast
Results 11,771 to 11,780 of 11912

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Totally agree, Create4paws....Give what you want to receive, that's how I think too...

Blog Entries
    Beautiful Batiks blocks. I really respect anyone who works with batiks. I don't know why, But working with batiks always throws me through a loop. But, they sure have some beautiful batiks and hand dyes out there. And, if I ever have you as a partner, I have a small selection of batiks put aside especially for the "Bee" block swappers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauki1 View Post
    These are the two great squares I received from Materialgrl for this month. They will go wonderfully in my batik quilt! Attachment 426673
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    And, if I ever have you as a partner, I have a small selection of batiks put aside especially for the "Bee" block swappers.
    Woot! I'm sure I won't be the only one waiting on that offer

Banned
    Great conversation swappers. We need to really pull up boots and take a new look at the 12 1/2 inch blocks. Agreed what was said about MAKE YOUR SWAPPERS BLOCK< JUST LIKE YOU WOULD WANT TO RECEIVE IT. I know there are always things that come up. PLEASE let your swapper know. It is the right thing to do.
    Lets go and let our swap be the best one on the board.....I'm in.
    Roberto
    I am guilty of not cutting threads. I am so happy my swappers block is done and I want to get it in the mail.
    I put a post-it on Dolly ( my sewing machine) to remind me to CUT THREADS..... Yeah
    Roberto

hello everyone, I would like to participate in the swap but not sure I can. I understand that fabrics need to be pre-washed, I wash mine after quilt is completed. Would love tips on what you do, do you just buy specific fabric for the swap and wash those or what? Thanks for any advice.

I wash all my fabrics, I don't want any surprises after my quilt is made!

Hugs,
    Cajun

cjr
    I'm with CajunBear. I prewash everything. I have medical conditions that do not tolerate the chemicals put in fabrics for processing and shipping. Many others have problems also, I do not participate in swaps that do not allow prewashing. there have been many lengthy discussions on the QB regarding prewashing.
    www.etsy.com/shop/quiltinglycaroline

I also prewash everything, just due to the fact that then I know it is washed and ready to go. I did recently acquire a box of unwashed 10" squares and members on the board here suggested I soak them in hot water and use a salad spinner before sewing with them. You might be able to do something like that for your blocks, washing only what you will use.

Banned
    Roberto also prewash. then I spray starch before sewing. I get my starch at the dollar store.
    LOL
    R

Quote Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
    I also prewash everything, just due to the fact that then I know it is washed and ready to go. I did recently acquire a box of unwashed 10" squares and members on the board here suggested I soak them in hot water and use a salad spinner before sewing with them. You might be able to do something like that for your blocks, washing only what you will use.

Quote Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
    Roberto also prewash. then I spray starch before sewing. I get my starch at the dollar store.
    LOL
    R
    same here, i wash and starch before hand, make a nice block. Keeps the fabric from stretching out too
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."