Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 551 1051 ... LastLast

Thread: MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Here are my Sept swap blocks from SulaBug - and I am so VERY pleased! They are exactly what I have had pictured for my blue/white quilt. THANK YOU so much. Perfection! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

'Other Side of Paradise' block
    Name:  Attachment-69021.jpe
Views: 54
Size:  54.5 KB

'Stars & Nines' block
    Name:  Attachment-69200.jpe
Views: 54
Size:  62.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
    And, Virginia will be joining us with a theme of bowtie blocks. WELCOME!!
    Who is my partner?
    Sending you a PM, Virginia.

Blog Entries
    Tam Moo, wonderful blocks you made for Sula bug, your colors are wonderful. Sulabug the blocks you made for Tam Moo are fantastic, I love the patterns, and the colors are wonderful, is the first one courthouse steps?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
    Here are my Sept swap blocks from SulaBug - and I am so VERY pleased! They are exactly what I have had pictured for my blue/white quilt. THANK YOU so much. Perfection! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Wow!!! Love them!!!

I got two wonderful blocks from Lindyline, all the way from Australia, in the mail yesterday. They are just beautiful! Such small hand stitching. Thank you, so much. You do such perfect work. I sent your block on Thursday. Thanks for being my swap partner.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    Some Beautiful blocks. I don't know if I will ever be able to do that good. I keep on making them to short or not long enough. I haven;t been quilting that long, tho.

Blog Entries
    Lindyline, such beautiful blocks. Brarbbus your quilt is going to be beautiful.

Lightening don't worry about it, if it's short just add a border, nobody will ever know that that wasn't the way you intended it. If it really bothers you try adjusting your seam allowance, your probably inadvertently taking a little too large seam. Take two 2" strips and sew them together with what you think is a 1/4" seam, gently iron them open and measure your finished strip, it should measure 1 1/2". If it doesn't adjust your seam allowance to make it an exact 1 1/2" finished piece. I use my needle position button. I have to adjust my position to 6.1, my friend has to set hers at 5.9. It varies with every machine. I don't like th 1/4 inch foot.

Barbsbus, if you have those blocks already, which I see you do, then the post has gone crazy. I only mailed them on Wed
    Sept 7th, according to receipt, at 9.49am. Why can't they get it this right all the time.
    Glad you liked the blocks. I'd forgotten just how much I enjoy hand embroidery. Since I joined the swaps, I haven't done any piecing. That's about to change, ços my 2nd DGS was born yesterday morning, and I have to finish his quilt today.He's absolutely gorgeous, and I will post a pic of him very soon. His name's Kayden Leighlan Moore.

Congratulations, lindyline on your new DGS! Wonderful name.

And to all the lovely block-makers and receivers - congratulations to you! Some gorgeous pictures posted in the last few days. Great job, everyone!

Banned
    Thank you KwiltKrazy, I will try that, only thing is I am handsewing it, so that might be the problem too.

Page 51 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 551 1051 ... LastLast