Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st >

Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Old 01-26-2015, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

Really... what is the point of making just exactly what they want when they can do that themselves? LOL. I'm not big into holiday themed items (prefering something I can use year round), but will love whatever my partner enjoys making for me.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Really... what is the point of making just exactly what they want when they can do that themselves? LOL. I'm not big into holiday themed items (prefering something I can use year round), but will love whatever my partner enjoys making for me.
This exactly what I was trying to say....but it came out sideways. lol

Being open to something outside of what we know or like is an opportunity for something wonderful! I love these swaps and getting to know individuals who then turn into FRIENDS!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:18 PM

I agree wholeheartedly that I myself love surprises.
I think there's a big difference in making exactly what someone wants vs getting general ideas. I didn't mean to imply we should or even could know exactly what someone else wants.

I was wondering more about if I make a mug rug now, and say I put shamrocks on it, and then find my partner prefers not to have St Patrick's Day, well....
As I have some way cute ideas for St Patrick's Day theme mug rugs, but I also want to make something my partner will like.

But it's nice to not have to worry if I have my swap items done if say an emergency comes up. I think I'm just "musing aloud" and I think I'm saying it sideways, too...lol..

Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 01-26-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Patchesnposies View Post
I love the idea of stating what our likes and dislikes are in a general way. But, other than that I am open to whatever I am sent, knowing that it will reflect the taste and abilities of my swap partner. I have found that being "surprised" by my partner has given me an appreciation of a style or creation that I would have never made myself, and most of the time I downright adore it!

If we enter in to the fun of a themed swap we probably should be open to whatever has inspired our partner and not put too many limitations on her. I had a swap partner once who loved a holiday I was never too passionate about.

She mentioned liking many characters involved in that holiday that I would never have thought in a million years to try and make. However, I found that I really had fun making something to suit her and it got my creative juices flowing in a way I would never have been inspired to if I had not gotten her for a partner. Does that make sense?

Just my two cents....and only worth a half........
Patchesnposies,
I also have always said when we sign up for swaps, part of the deal is we can't be sure of what we get...and speaking only for myself, I'm fine with that. I think if I wasn't going to be open to it, then the option is there to not sign up.
I've actually discovered I like some paisley..and I love vibrant large print flowers... who knew??!!
Regards,
Kif
Old 01-26-2015, 07:18 PM

Large print flowers??? Yuck!!! Kifasaurus what am I going to do with you???
Old 01-27-2015, 06:09 AM

ok well maybe Kiffie is right. making in advance then finding out your partner would prefer flowers with goobers on them might make it difficult to customize their package. finding ut who your partner is is a good way to customize what you send. but you need to understand that some people have lots of time and simply preparing in advance. I can usually find someone who wants wht they want to be sending so its ok. and others who rather wait and that is ok too. rarely do we have too many of one or the other phew. most say will send either so its easy to mix people around til hopefully we get something for everyone. its a theory if this proves wrong well I will let all of you know for sure. :

sign ups are still open so please sign up today if your interested! send me the information requested in the direction/information sheet via PM not on this board mind you and I will make sure you are in the swap! I cant guarantee to check here for who wanted in and see if your actually in or not so if you send me a PM I will get it and you wilbe in. YAHOO TADA and all that stuff! still three or four more days for sign ups so get on over and let the fun begin!!!
Old 01-27-2015, 12:12 PM

Kif I love paisleys and big flowers as well as bright and bold colors. Then I received my Valentine mug rug and the floral fabric reminds me of aviator in prints. What did I do but go by some Victorian floral fabric and can't wait to use it. Terriamn
Old 01-27-2015, 01:45 PM

Note to self:
Next time you are partnered with Klaws, she LOVES large print flowers!!

2nd note to self: terriamn actually likes some Victorian fabric...

3rd note to self:
Your 1st idea was correct...Brat really IS a goober...
I love ya Brat, but you come up with some of the "darnedest" combos... flowers with goobers??!!??
Oh my...you're too hilarious..and just the ticket to lift a person's spirits...

13 years ago today, my dear dad lost his battle with lung disease..but he won his ticket to a much more glorious place.
But, I admit I'm a selfish gal...as while I'm thrilled he's no longer suffering, I sure do miss him. Sometimes it seems like yesterday, sometimes I almost can't recall what his voice sounded like...but then I can almost hear his wonderful laugh...

Regards,
Kif
Old 01-27-2015, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Note to self:
Next time you are partnered with Klaws, she LOVES large print flowers!!

2nd note to self: terriamn actually likes some Victorian fabric...

3rd note to self:
Your 1st idea was correct...Brat really IS a goober...
I love ya Brat, but you come up with some of the "darnedest" combos... flowers with goobers??!!??
Oh my...you're too hilarious..and just the ticket to lift a person's spirits...

13 years ago today, my dear dad lost his battle with lung disease..but he won his ticket to a much more glorious place.
But, I admit I'm a selfish gal...as while I'm thrilled he's no longer suffering, I sure do miss him. Sometimes it seems like yesterday, sometimes I almost can't recall what his voice sounded like...but then I can almost hear his wonderful laugh...

Regards,
Kif
I am so sorry, Kif. I can sure see that you loved your dad and I know you miss him. My heart hurts for you. He is still watching over you and you'll get to be with him for eternity. At least that is what I believe. Though it doesn't make the now any easier. Hugs to you on this difficult day.

PnP
Old 01-27-2015, 02:53 PM

I'm going to sign up for this month, too. I love making mug rugs & already have an idea.

As for greens or St. Patrick's Day? Well, my favorite color is green -- all greens, from lime (which makes me very happy, always!) to teal, & all the greens in between.

I was puzzled by the pig thing for St. Patrick's Day, so I checked with my Irish-born husband. All he said was that anyone who owned a pig is definitely well-off. That really didn't help. I still don't get the pig thing!

I'm fine with St. Patrick's, too, if that's what my partner wants to do. But the pig thing? I just don't get it!