Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed >

MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

Old 02-28-2013, 09:49 AM

Still patiently waiting.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:27 PM
Power Poster

Momma_k I hope you find a house you like. The latest mug rugs are very pretty.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Thank you JuneBillie, I'm confident that we'll find something soon. As long as I can have my babies a nice yard to run in I'll be happy. I'm glad there are people like you ladies here that understand about the animals. Not just dogs but the cats are people too! I live in a small town outside of Chattanooga TN. I like the area and hope I can stay close by for my mothers sake.

I've been practicing on the making of a few MR's for the next swap, so by April/May I should be pretty good by then! (I hope!)
Old 03-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

My fur baby is a cutie patootie russian blue kitty, names Zoey. And shes a princess and only has the best of everything. Our furbabies love us no matter what, they accept us no matter what and give us love and compaionship. They only deserve the best.i understand you very well, as other fur parents do.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:02 PM

I'm furbaby-less. I'm a dog person and my boyfriend is a cat person, so we just never have ever gotten any pets. I'm especially fond of small dogs. My last one was a miniature red poodle named Ginger. OMG was she prissy. She'd get in trouble and go hide behind the couch and sulk. What we didn't know until after she died though, was when she was hiding behind the couch, she was also chewing on the bottom of my end table.

I like cats OK, but I don't want one. We had a tiny stray show up right after my ex-husband moved out. I stopped at the end of our driveway to get the mail and heard it crying in the wild undergrowth by the fence. I instantly knew what it was and called "here kitty" and she ran out and jumped in my lap in the car. Dusty begged me to let us keep it, and after thinking about it, and the timing, I said OK. I went the next day and got a litter box and good litter, and called the vet for cat food advice since she was a little thin. Two out of the next 3 days when I came home from work, as soon as I opened the door the litter box smell almost knocked me over. The box was at the other end of the house! I scooped and sprayed and scooped before work the next day again and still came home to my house smelling like a rotten dumpster in the dead of summer. I left it at my ex's mom's while I was at work & took off early & got it looked at, just in case there was something wrong & was told everything was OK. I couldn't deal with it though, so my ex's mom took the cat.

She had that cat probably 6 months before she took it to the vet. By then, she and my son had named it Katie-Kitty. She's in there and the vet takes the cat out and comes back with it and is talking about male cats. She's thinking he's crazy, my cat's a girl. Why's he telling me about boy cats? She finally stopped him and he told her it was a boy. She had him about another 3-4 months, then he disappeared one day, but after that day at the vet, his name was Coty.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:53 PM

i had a similar problem with rabbits. i could never tell boys from girls. i had a favorite rabbit named bert (our guinnea pig was ernie) in my classroom for 3 yr olds. bert would let the kids pick him up and carry im any old way, and would sit in their lap, and was always very sweet. my co-teacher had a white rabbit, a boy,too, and she wanted the 2 to meet.a bad idea! if bert and twinkie were both boys they would fight to the death. if bert was a girl she'd be pregnant in seconds-really!. the inevitable happened! she put them together. bert had 5 babies.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Power Poster

Yes, Our fur babies love with such unconditional love. They are so loyal to their people. They deserve all good things.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

My kitty has an odorless kitty box. Seriously. Have had cats my whole life and stumbeled on this about 15 yrs ago. Its a cadboard looking tray made out of recycled paper.fillit 1/4" to 1/2 full no odor. Zoey gets a new box every month. We scoop and every two weeks gets all new litter. The worst thing you can do is plastic.. makes a big stink. This recy led box NO plastic liners.
Even zoey loves it.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
JuneBillie!! OH MY LORD!! I received my box yesterday and just opened it this morning. Dead tired last night but honey I had Goosebumps opening it and saw the most adorable MR!! I almost came to tears seeing how special it is! You say you're a new quilter but no-one would ever know it. And the fact that you labeled it on the back was an extra special touch!! Oh I SO appreciate the gifts so much!! And to everyone else I also received a big ol Hershey Bar, a pretty yellow fat quarter and a cute well needed manicure set in a gold pouch!! I feel as if I made a new friend and thank the Lord for precious people like Susan...Thank you dear sweet Lady... I'll post a picture as soon as I can but for now I just had to get on here!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Momma_k I am glad you like it. You deserve it for sure. You are the sweet one, and have been a blessing to me.