View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 04:02 PM
DustysMomma

I'm furbaby-less. I'm a dog person and my boyfriend is a cat person, so we just never have ever gotten any pets. I'm especially fond of small dogs. My last one was a miniature red poodle named Ginger. OMG was she prissy. She'd get in trouble and go hide behind the couch and sulk. What we didn't know until after she died though, was when she was hiding behind the couch, she was also chewing on the bottom of my end table.

I like cats OK, but I don't want one. We had a tiny stray show up right after my ex-husband moved out. I stopped at the end of our driveway to get the mail and heard it crying in the wild undergrowth by the fence. I instantly knew what it was and called "here kitty" and she ran out and jumped in my lap in the car. Dusty begged me to let us keep it, and after thinking about it, and the timing, I said OK. I went the next day and got a litter box and good litter, and called the vet for cat food advice since she was a little thin. Two out of the next 3 days when I came home from work, as soon as I opened the door the litter box smell almost knocked me over. The box was at the other end of the house! I scooped and sprayed and scooped before work the next day again and still came home to my house smelling like a rotten dumpster in the dead of summer. I left it at my ex's mom's while I was at work & took off early & got it looked at, just in case there was something wrong & was told everything was OK. I couldn't deal with it though, so my ex's mom took the cat.

She had that cat probably 6 months before she took it to the vet. By then, she and my son had named it Katie-Kitty. She's in there and the vet takes the cat out and comes back with it and is talking about male cats. She's thinking he's crazy, my cat's a girl. Why's he telling me about boy cats? She finally stopped him and he told her it was a boy. She had him about another 3-4 months, then he disappeared one day, but after that day at the vet, his name was Coty.