Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Breast Cancer Awareness Month >

October Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October Pincushion/Needlecase Swap - Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Old 10-06-2015, 04:15 AM

I haven't even started mine yet. I'm also in another swap and want to finish both together. I like to go to the PO only one time. Plus I am doing a craft show on Nov. 7 and trying to get a lot of other things finished for that.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:48 AM
Power Poster

It's getting to a busy part of the year for all of us crafters. I didn't mean everyone needs to mail early,I just get upset when it is mailed the following month or not at all. I am on a fixed income and have to watch my money like a lot of others.If I mail early it is done. Then no worries about it. I'm not working anymore so that also gives me time to work on mine early and mail it. If I didn't know a head of time what the theme is I wouldn't be early either. We get a lot of very pretty items sent that take time and imagination to make.Please don't take my post the wrong way. This is a fun swap and it's no fun if you don't receive a swap back.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:59 AM

Mary I used to mail early but now that I'm back to babysitting (kids and dogs) I just don't know where the time goes. Maybe I'll start earlier next month. It is a beautiful day here. It's up to 70 and sunny but the mornings are 50. The colors are starting to get nice and I read that NH's colors are late this year because it had been so hot.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:29 AM

klaws, the 7th....that makes me sad Wish I could go while I'm there but the wedding is on the 7th. Been sewing like crazy trying to get stuff done. Hope they let me have a needle and thread on the plane for all the binding that needs to be done.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:36 AM
Power Poster

Jan My niece flew from calif. to missouri about 4 yrs ago and before going on the plane the inspectors took away her little needlenose about 3" long pliers and her nail clippers.She makes beaded things with wire. Not sure if they let you have a needle or scissors; You might want to call first and ask as they threw her items in the trash.Things have really changed since 9/11. Boy it would be a good time to do hand sewing though.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:03 AM

I was always curious about a needle and thread on a plane also. Jan, if you find out something let me know.

Jan, the craft show is at the club house of one of the mobile home parks here. It's just a really small one. I'll be lucky if I sell anything. The one I wanted to participate in is this Saturday. There will be 85 booths. But, I do not have enough things to sell and I haven't done a show that big. Maybe next year.

Last edited by klaws; 10-06-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

I have my pincushion finished, and now working on my needle book. I didn't do too much the other day, due to our sweet fur baby Buddy passing away in my arms. He was about 10 years old.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

So sorry Susan. They just become like a family member.Sewing is good therapy,so long as you don't think to much. Pat sounds like we have about the same temps right now. It was mostly sunny and 74* today. Low expected to be 54*. Leaves are starting to really show a change of color now.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:03 PM

I'll call the airport and check for sure. Have had little scissor's taken away but never a crochet hook. Don't quite understand that, I'm sure I could make that a deadly weapon if I needed to Anyway, thanks for the heads up, I will check and make sure and will let you know.

JuneBilli sorry about your pet. I went though this too....Guess that's why I won't go there anymore, just breaks your heart

Last edited by jaba; 10-06-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:10 PM

Susan so sorry about you fur baby. I went through that in July and still hurt when I think of her. Hugs.