Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Breast Cancer Awareness Month >

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Old 10-01-2010, 11:58 AM

Ok ladies like we don't know this already but I need to get my story out. My mom fell in December of 2009 hit her left breast and it would not get better. She went to the doctors and found that she had stage 3 inflammatory breast cancer. My mom had her regular Mammo's but the doctors never caught the cancer on the films. They then found another lump in her right and found stage 2 cancer the "best" kind they said highly curable but the inflammatory was the issue. My mom endured 6 months of treatment I almost lost her to the effects of the chemo. Then she had radiation and a double mastectomy. My relationship with my mom before cancer was up and down. Now I would give my life for this women she is the most courageous and loving women. If she had not fallen she would not be here today. (they knew she had a lump and it was well defined 6 months before the fall always question your doctor it is ok they will thank you later.) I thank God that she is here. So the moral to this story is this please get the girls squished even better if you can do the ultrasound Mammogram this is one of the better test I have to have this type because of my moms cancer. Ok stepping down from the soap box thank you for listening.

To all of the amazing survivors of Cancer I applaud your fight and thank you for sharing with us!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Google Goddess

thank you for sharing the story, please everyone go get checked out, now my Dr. does the ultra sonograms along with my mammograms to be sure (my mother had her left breast removed years ago) and is doing fine now
Old 10-01-2010, 02:43 PM

It is so worth the discomfort! I was diagnosed Feb of this year with breast cancer. Definitely got me to doing my monthly exams faithfully!
Old 10-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

I'm setting mine up on Monday. Thanks