Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDT >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDT

October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDT

Old 10-20-2014, 04:51 PM

I received a truely wonderful box of goodies from Mary Hughes aka Happy Stitcher. There was lots of neat things inside. There is 4 batik feather fabrics that matched up beautifully the printed feather print. Mary made me a pretty leaf potholder, and a crow fall snack mat with a hot cocoa tucked in the pocket and a pumpkin pincushion. She also added some things likes a bag of mini York peppermint patties, lint roller and whoweeeie~~ 5500 yards of black thread. But that isn't all as she sent me some wonderful assortment patterns that includes my 1st Bareroots pattern for handmade gift bags. And the Pièce de résistance my 1st Just Cross Stitch magazine... and it's the Halloween Collector issue (doing the Happy Dance here) and some assorted pieces of Aida cloth. She took the time to write me a hand written note.

These will be enjoyed greatly while I recovering from thyroid surgery next Monday. As I wouldn't be allow to do to much for te 1st couple of weeks from what I understand. So THANK YOU very much Mary.

Tricia

Attached Thumbnails tricia-021.jpg  
Old 10-20-2014, 07:00 PM

Hi -

Dear partner, check your mail, your package is showing as delivered

In other news, it is as I feared, and the blood clots that have kept my mom in the hospital were caused by a cancer recurrence. Not sure the extent of it yet. It has been confirmed on the ovary, but not sure yet if it originated there or started elsewhere that we haven't discovered yet. So I will be finishing up all my commitments (this swap, I spy, and Christmas swap, and I was planning on finally joining the Quilts for Quilters this year, darn it!) and then sitting out from swapping till she finishes chemo. I will hang out here on the board frequently, never fear!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Power Poster

Here is my wonderful package from NancyW, could not believe all that she sent me. Don't know where to begin but here goes, pattern, Amish book, stiletto, rotary and blades, sewing kit, pouch, my favorite peanut m&m's, beautiful charm pack of batiks, pink, purple, red fabric, darling wall hanging, then a bag to carry quilting supplies, with 4 rulers, seam ripper, cutting mat and scissors. Thank you so much for making my day!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 10-20-2014, 09:04 PM

As promised, I am posting pics of my awesome package from Belfrybat.....Thanks so much!! She sent me a pattern for a tote and notebook cover, a book, a bunch of beautiful fabric, a cute little owl and a beautiful sewing machine cover!! I was going to make myself a cover for my sewing machine and now I don't have to Oh, almost forgot, she also sent me a very nice note and some rolos candy, which unfortunately didn't make it to the picture...LOL
Attached Thumbnails belfrybat-oct-2014.jpg   belfrybat-2-oct-2014.jpg   belfrybat-3-oct-2014.jpg  
Old 10-21-2014, 03:36 AM

Morning all! Wow such wonderful pkgs coming in! Sibi love the sewing machine cover! I've been wanting to make one myself but don't have the time. Can't wait for the Nov. swap to be posted!
Old 10-21-2014, 06:35 AM

I'm getting a little concerned - I posted mine on 9th and it doesn't seem to arrived yet
Old 10-21-2014, 07:06 AM

SP your package should be delivered to you today. I think I forgot to put a card in the box but my screen name is on the package. Hope you enjoy it!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:36 AM

I got my package yesterday from Lori!! She sent me some scraps (Yay!), needles (hand and machine), candy (Woo!), hand stuff, notepad, hot chocolate, some cute little scissors and an item that is magnetic to find those darn pins! Plus, the cutest pen that is a black, fluffy birdie with a witch hat and a small pumpkin. I have them on a shelf already!

I'll get a pic out later, I need to run and do errands this morning!
Old 10-21-2014, 10:29 AM

I received a wonderful SP package yesterday from Juanita Bean filled with wonderful goodies. Need to take some pics of everything and get them posted. Thanks Juanita for everything.
Pat
Old 10-21-2014, 10:35 AM

Here are the pics of Lori's goodies that she sent me

Ignore the clock part above my shelf. She sent me the black, birdie pen and the small pumpkin. The haunted house I had from another SP swap and the little scarecrow duck is from my LQS.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]496086[/ATTACH]

And here is the box of goodies! Thank you again, Lori
[ATTACH=CONFIG]496087[/ATTACH]

Edited to add: Interesting how they are doing the pictures now. Hm.
Attached Thumbnails halloweenbird.jpg   octoberbox.jpg