Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CST >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CST

October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CST

Old 10-05-2015, 08:01 AM

My pkg almost ready to send, too. Just need to work on a couple home-made goodies . This time of year is so easy with all the holidays and season changes. I've been away from home almost a month and can't wait to get the covers off the sewing machine!
Old 10-05-2015, 12:15 PM

Here's a hint. I've had my SP before. She liked all the things I sent last time so I hope this time I score as well.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Irene C. View Post
Hi ladies, New here, Now since the limit is 10.00 you must get creative in sending other goodies. Gently used? possibly handmade? I just wanted to get some of ideas of some neat things you have sent or received.
Thank you for any ideas you can give me and any other newbies here.

Irene welcome! You will find that most of us don't stay within the 10.00 limit. If I purchase something then I try to keep it close to that amount. Especially with using coupons you can get "wish list" items for your SP's. I try to write on my info sheet a lot of information to make it easy for the person to be able to choose items for me. Some won't want used items, but me I loved them. I think everyone is happy with handmade items. I always send fabric, either what they are looking for, or something in their favorite colors. You can easily fill a package up if your SP gives you a lot of information on her sheet. Have fun, that is the most important thing.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:05 PM

My SP should of received her package yesterday. But I haven't heard anything.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:09 PM

Mailed both of my sp packages today, hope you both enjoy what I have sent to you.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by catjo View Post
Irene welcome! You will find that most of us don't stay within the 10.00 limit. If I purchase something then I try to keep it close to that amount. Especially with using coupons you can get "wish list" items for your SP's. I try to write on my info sheet a lot of information to make it easy for the person to be able to choose items for me. Some won't want used items, but me I loved them. I think everyone is happy with handmade items. I always send fabric, either what they are looking for, or something in their favorite colors. You can easily fill a package up if your SP gives you a lot of information on her sheet. Have fun, that is the most important thing.
Thank you catjo for the great info, I think I am on the right track.....hope my SP likes it.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
My we all are quiet this month. Where are the clues, the hints, the building anticipation?
I've almost finished my package -- just need to find a couple of goodies from my stash to finish it up. I'll plan on mailing it to the far north on Thursday. Hope the poor baby doesn't get too cold in transit as we are still in the 90's around here.
Brigit, I've been quiet 'cause I'm just getting over bronchitis & haven't been here much. I have most of my package ready but want to make a couple of things to send yet. It's also hot here but oh well, such is October in Florida.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:08 AM
Banned

I will be mailing my package this weekend (or Monday at the LATEST).

Been hunting for something she really likes.

Here is are a couple clues for my SP.

Between your address & zip code there are several of the same number.
You do NOT have an embroidery machine.
Old 10-07-2015, 04:54 AM

Hurrah ...... An item arrived today in time to go in your package secret pal - It is one of several on your wish list!!
The package will go in the mail on Friday . It has a long long way to travel .
Old 10-07-2015, 05:55 AM

my package is on its way, should be there shortly...the amazon idea is a good one and I will start one....its hard to think up "wants" each month that don't cost an/arm/leg LOL I love home made things and if can't use put on the "give" table at guild...everything gets used that way...so many pin cushions can be used and have one in each sewing machine case LOL...if anyone comes up with cute little quick things to do...please put in a post...love the free thingies. thats my 2 cents for today...happy quilting