Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CST >

October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CST

October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CST

Old 10-02-2015, 12:27 PM

I just ordered an item my SP collects and it will be shipped directly to her. I'd never even heard of them, so I hope what I purchased will please her.
Old 10-02-2015, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
I can't remember who it is, but one member here lists the link to her Amazon wishlist and I find it very helpful. Since I'm a Prime member, I can usually send her something that would cost me more to mail myself.
Probably me Belfrybar, you have had me several times and I do believe you have ordered off my list if I am not mistaken
Old 10-02-2015, 01:47 PM

Sorry belfrybat misspelled your name
Old 10-02-2015, 03:54 PM

I also now do the amazon list Verna gave me the idea and it works so well. On another note I have actually mailed my SP's package out today. Can you believe it? I had a lot of her likes and I went to Joann's today for the sale and picked up what was listed on her wish list. Off in the mail it went. Expected delivery Monday!!!!! Going South East of me. She has pet babies and I have never had her before. It will be a surprise though when she see's my name as her SP. lol
Old 10-02-2015, 03:57 PM

[QUOTE=Belfrybat;7333175]My SP lives several states north of me. Has been sewing quilting for quite some time, is eclectic in her hobbies, and has both cats and dogs. I'm so glad to finally get a Northerner as a swapee as I have three scarves I made and the last two swapees have been from south Florida. Not someplace to send a woolly scarf to! So... which do you think she will like?

I don't have cats so I know I'm not your SP. I love the colored one in the middle. But if you send her that one, then it won't still be there for me if you get me next. lol Very nice
Old 10-02-2015, 05:14 PM

Hi ladies, New here, Now since the limit is 10.00 you must get creative in sending other goodies. Gently used? possibly handmade? I just wanted to get some of ideas of some neat things you have sent or received.
Thank you for any ideas you can give me and any other newbies here.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:11 PM

Alright SP we have plenty in common so I was a able to raid my personal stash a plenty for you. I will do my buying next weekend. I work pt at a Joann's and they are offering a bonus discount then, I should have a nice bunch of goodies to mail out by next Monday when the package will travel westbound. Happy quilting!!

Question of the day, If YOU could buy something at Joann's and it was 40% off plus 30% off what would it be????
Old 10-03-2015, 01:58 PM

Irene -- items from your stash don't count in the price, nor do homemade items (unless the supplies were expensive). And we often send gently used items, especially patterns, magazines and books. Look at last months' swap to get an idea of the kind of packages some send. Don't be off-put by the fact some are huge -- those people have large stashes. Also, we will re-gift items we've received but can't use--that is perfectly OK.
The idea is to have fun and get to know other members on the board -- not how much we sent and receive.
Links to Sept and Aug swaps:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t269128.html
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t267903.html
Old 10-03-2015, 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=Belfrybat;7335000]Irene -- items from your stash don't count in the price, nor do homemade items (unless the supplies were expensive). And we often send gently used items, especially patterns, magazines and books. Look at last months' swap to get an idea of the kind of packages some send. Don't be off-put by the fact some are huge -- those people have large stashes. Also, we will re-gift items we've received but can't use--that is perfectly OK.
The idea is to have fun and get to know other members on the board -- not how much we sent and receive.
Links to Sept and Aug swaps:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t269128.html
http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t267903.html[/
QUOTE]
Thank for the links, I checked them out. All the packages are wonderful. I've started my box, I am still coming up with ideas. I love the handmade items especially.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:23 AM

My we all are quiet this month. Where are the clues, the hints, the building anticipation?
I've almost finished my package -- just need to find a couple of goodies from my stash to finish it up. I'll plan on mailing it to the far north on Thursday. Hope the poor baby doesn't get too cold in transit as we are still in the 90's around here.