Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2.5 Candy Birthday Swap - Closed/Full (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2-5-candy-birthday-swap-closed-full-t212411.html)

sustraley 09-16-2013 03:50 PM

AWW Barbara-that is so sad your babies moved away. I can not imagine. I only have one grand child and he lives 2 miles from me. Very cute idea from your 3 year old. Hope you enjoy sleeping with the dishtowel.

barbarakibler23 09-16-2013 06:12 PM

CONTEST TIME!!!!!!!!!!

Well here in Michigan Fall means APPLES>>> Apple Cider Mills>>>> Apple picking

Last year there were no apples in Michigan we had a crazy spring with a very late frost and killed all the blossoms. Cider Mills had to ship the apples in from other states. Cider was expensive but us MIchiganders gotta have our cider.

Well this year apples are abundance...Yeah and ready for the picking! I have picked two baskets from our tree and still have probably 5 more baskets to go.

YUMMY APPLESAUCE!

So tonights contest is all about apples! Actually just their names.

All the answers are types of apples......
PM me the answers

1) Also a name for a breakfast cereal..........
2) An Argentina dance step.......
3) A name of a toast........
4) Gemstone for the month of October.......
5) Happened in California between 1848 to 1855......

good luck...this might be one of the harder contests....maybe I should give a better prize this week!

:) Barb

Honchey 09-16-2013 07:52 PM

Grandkids say the sweetest things...

I just PM'd the answers...You have to know where to find them:)

barbarakibler23 09-16-2013 09:12 PM

okay.............I made a mistake on #1.....the answer I was looking for was Honeycrisp.(very yummy apple) but there is no cereal called Honey crisp.....I was thinking of Honey Smacks and I guess Super Golden Crisp......now that I think of it that sounds pretty yummy doesn't it!!!!

Okay so I did tell a few people that they had some answers wrong...don't worry about #1 but try and find the right answer for any other mistake. :)

thanks for playing :)
Barb

Darcene 09-17-2013 06:14 AM

Happy birthday September ladies....your candy packages went into the mail today....enjoy.....
Darcene

Honchey 09-17-2013 07:31 AM

Barb, there is a cereal called Honey Crisp..when googling for the answers there was a Utube ad for the new cereal...I didn't see it but the listing is there...

barbarakibler23 09-17-2013 05:15 PM

I thought there was...thanks for checking on it. Sounds pretty yummy don't you think!

Originally Posted by Honchey (Post 6298926)
Barb, there is a cereal called Honey Crisp..when googling for the answers there was a Utube ad for the new cereal...I didn't see it but the listing is there...

barbarakibler23 09-17-2013 05:16 PM

thanks to all the ladies that played the name the apple game.............and we have a winner....

Goldendog55...your prize will be on the way shortly.

Barb :)

barbarakibler23 09-20-2013 07:32 AM

I am getting excited....I am the only birthday baby for October! I will be PMing my address to you all. :)

oneteappot 09-20-2013 11:40 AM

September birthday envelopes went out today! Post office says Monday delivery! Hope everyone enjoys!
Laurel