Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

dluvs2quilt 09-30-2012 11:29 AM

I have one done and one to go.

lynnie 09-30-2012 12:00 PM

I asked our gracious host if i could send it to her as a thankyou for hosting and if she could post a pic for me. As soon as she responds, well get a pic.

Wouldnt it be spectactular if we ad a hostess that would host a faancy pin swap??????
We ould makee them from fimo, jewels or shrinkydinks.
i got fimo today and thats tonights proje t.
cant wait to start

grann of 6 09-30-2012 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 5552329)
I asked our gracious host if i could send it to her as a thankyou for hosting and if she could post a pic for me. As soon as she responds, well get a pic.

Wouldnt it be spectactular if we ad a hostess that would host a faancy pin swap??????
We ould makee them from fimo, jewels or shrinkydinks.
i got fimo today and thats tonights proje t.
cant wait to start

If it isn't fabric or thread, I don't do it. Used to do that stuff, can't be bothered any more. Am sticking to fabric and thread.

CountryHouseQuilter 09-30-2012 12:58 PM

I already know one that I'm making. I'm getting inspiration for the other. And I'll make a bunch, as I always give handmade ornaments out to family and friends. This should be fun!!!! Can't wait to see what everone gets, and what I get!!!!

lynnie 09-30-2012 06:14 PM

Well, our fab. Hostess agreed to post a pic, so there will be one posted soon.

Elisabrat 09-30-2012 07:38 PM

I am pretty sure I PM'd for two.. hope I make the cut or someone I know will be getting mystery gifts. Has anyone here seen or been to Brommers or is it Bronners? a christmas store in the midwest. they are the largest Christmas tree decorating store in the country. they have a catalogue which is cool, online better yet but the best part, drum roll is one can look at an item made from one product and rethink it into fabric or felt fabric and beads and come up with something remarkably cute. Just a thought.. besides fun to window shop there. Drool drool. My solution for fur babies eating my ornaments and tree is to hang a garland. Used to have wainscotting but now I hang it from the beams, between that made a swag garland and simply hung it from the wall/roof line.. swagged down, lights and ornaments and oh well out of your reach kitty dears. I have plastic ornaments for them to steal out of my dish on the table. They are experts at this. Everything else is six feet or higher off the floor and out of harms way. We all are happy.

lauriejo 10-01-2012 03:28 AM

I keep saying I want to take a weekend trip to Bronner's, but haven't made it yet. I worked for a lady who went there every year and spent a fortune! http://www.bronners.com/

DH anchors our tree to a wall, actually did that the first time when DS was a toddler. No pulling that tree down. Neko (the Cat Who Rules) doesn't usually pay much attention to the tree after the first day or so. We hang the "unimportant" ornaments on the lower half, started that cuz of DS too lol! The cat has managed to destroy every tree skirt though. I gave up and the past couple of years I've just used a plastic tablecloth.

Oksewnsew 10-01-2012 05:50 AM

Lauriejo, isn't it ironic that our pets 'train' us to do just what they want? lolo That story is so how I 'fixed' the tree way back when. I have 2 kitties that think the tree skirt is there for them! So for last 15 yrs my tree has a special skirt just for them! Gotta love our pets.

mary quilting 10-01-2012 06:03 AM

I finished my 2 ornaments. Can't wait to see what others do. My to loves are quilting and beading these are beaded.

jaba 10-01-2012 06:33 AM

Pics please, would love to see what you made. Mine aren't quite done yet, but then I'll post.