Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

LoupEsprit 01-01-2013 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by DustysMomma (Post 5753141)
Hmm, from those colors, that could be mine...hehehe!

LOL sorry DustysMomma, this one is staying in the Western U.S. :)

DustysMomma 01-01-2013 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 5753840)
LOL sorry DustysMomma, this one is staying in the Western U.S. :)

Oh darn! I'm still waiting to see mine. That one looks so cool though! I can't wait to see the rest of it!

travelinggramma 01-01-2013 10:43 AM

HMMMM - I am still waiting - could be mine!! And it would match my placemats that are on the table now too!!
Just saying!
And ladies - can you just imagine all those tatoos the young'uns are putting on their touchy - what will they look like all streched out!! And look at all the body builders after they stop lifting weights - muscles are heavier and sag even worse!
God created us and we all have to take it as the best for us!
Happy New year

bibliostone 01-01-2013 10:44 AM

Mine is done and will go out in the mail tomorrow. Think I'll go catch Judy's train and work on some 9 patch blocks.

DustysMomma 01-01-2013 10:57 AM

Gramma, I just turned 40, and my generation is going to be the first where more grandmas have tattoos than don't, I do believe. Think of the girls with the tattoos on their cleavage. Now that is going to be a sight when they're all droopy. (I went to school with a girl who has photos of hers on Facebook, and one goes around her nipple and trails off to a flowery vine that goes down her side. I don't know what she was thinking.) Oh, and what about those crazy girls who have tattoos in their pubic area? Some poor nurse in the old folks home is going to either get a scare or a laugh out of that one! For some reason I'm thinking of some mean orderly taking a permanent marker and changing "Hot Stuff!" to "Hot Flash!" or something like that while some old woman is too incapacitated to do anything about it. It's unlikely her family would ever even know it too.

jaba 01-01-2013 06:30 PM

Oh Lordy, I'm just laughing way to hard here. Thought at one time I would get a tattoo, in my harley riding days and Sturgis, never did, thank you Lord. He was certainly telling me something. That bloomin' rose on my boob would have been totally wilted now. I shutter to think of it. It wouldn't even count for a hot flash.....

Elisabrat 01-01-2013 07:02 PM

I always knew there was a very good reason I did not get a tattoo :) and enjoy them while you can girls they do change.. especially when the body you put them on is in the middle of a landslide.

I mailed my second table runner to my partner on Monday so hopefully they get it by Friday hope hope.. and that sneak peak was MY tablerunner because you see I said I liked all colours or think I did and if I didnt it still could be mine as it hasnt arrived yet :) I love seeing all the possibilities here different styles colours one same purpose cool.. very cool.

well off to figure out dinner had some large shrimp with cocktail sauce for a snack but now.. want something maybe a green salad with yellow peppers that sounds semi good. sweet vinegrette? ok you sold me. this week should show us quiet a few receivables. Yippeee!

Anastasia 01-01-2013 10:45 PM

I look forward to seeing how my tattoos change and droop :D

dabbler312 01-01-2013 11:11 PM

funny business those tatts - I got mine - a parrot - 23 years ago. I had it put higher up on my chest so that if I were to wear a strapless shirt it would show. Now all these years later the colors have faded - not sure that at 50 I want to have the colors freshened up; tail feathers are naturally getting longer as the boobs get a little more droopy. We laugh and joke about how long it will take before the feathers meet the belly-button. A friend of mine has a daughter that has red hot chili peppers tattooed into her pubic area - guess it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

QuilterMomma 01-02-2013 10:02 AM

Oh the discussions here. Just got in to take a look and this is a bit PG13 rated info here. (LOL)

Boy, I better get busy now on my runner for my partner. i know what to make, just have not taken the time yet. Posted in the UFO thread all my last finishes for 2012. YES!! I hit the 120 mark as I wanted. Left evrything else out but got r done now to get the other committments finished this month and can move forward with the new goal of scraps done for year.

I am off to work then will get my boom blocks done and this runner. Now in my mess can I find anything?