Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Batik Block Swap 12.5 - Signups thru 5-31-13 - Due 7-31-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/batik-block-swap-12-5-signups-thru-5-31-13-due-7-31-13-a-t218860.html)

jaba 08-25-2013 02:37 PM

Looking forward to getting them and putting the quilt together. I love the last one, it's done except the hand binding sewing. Seems I can always put that off, too hot in the summer with this big quilt draped over my legs. Haven't had those hot flashes in a while, but if it covers my legs they seem to come back again real quick....fall project I think :D

tracibug 08-25-2013 10:20 PM

With this swap wrapped up (pending deliveries), I will be stepping back a bit from the board for a while. I'm having some health issues that have contributed to me not completing commitments and such, on the board and in my world at home. I will still be here if anyone needs anything and hope to host again in the future.

For those I still 'owe'... You're on my list to complete before I take on anything more.

Be well and God bless.

happylab 08-26-2013 05:43 AM

Tracibug, thank-you for all you have done for the board. You will be missed, but it's more important to take care of your health. I hope it's something you can get back to you love of quilting activities with rest and less stress. Take care and God bless!

Annaquilts 08-26-2013 12:51 PM

I received my blocks and twists. Thank you ladies. As I am typing one of my teens is laying out all the blocks. It looks like a wonderful variety of prints and patterns of well made blocks. They all seem to play together well and not a single one double. I guess less people ended up doing the stwist so there were 3 sets of triples and one of my own but it will work out great and it is just in time for me to make some totes and such with the 2 1/2 inch strips. Since it is such a small project, a tote, I doubt I will have many if any repeats of strips and I am glad to have strips ready to go. Christmas will be here before I know it. Great swap! Thank you to all participants and special thanks to tracibug. I wish you well tracibug and hope you will be well soon.

khuxford 08-26-2013 02:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Received my pkg just now and put the blocks on the design wall. Thanks to everyone! They are wonderful.

Thanks to Tracibug for all your work on this swap. Hope things go well and you can continue to be active and log lots of machine time

Attaching a photo!

jaba 08-26-2013 05:05 PM

Thought for sure they might be in the mail today, but not. Maybe tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for posting them khuxford, now I know what I can look forward to.

mom-6 08-26-2013 05:08 PM

What pretty blocks you got! Hope mine come tomorrow. Things seem to take longer to arrive when you live out in the woods. Lol!

TheMamaHauser 08-26-2013 05:25 PM

Mine arrived today! I haven't got a chance to open & look yet... hopefully tomorrow evening ends a little better.

createfourpaws 08-26-2013 06:28 PM

I got mine today.....nice end of a day. WOW they are all beautiful. 36 blocks and 10 pks of the twist strips. I love it. I think I make 2 smaller quilts with them.

Now to decide on what I want to sash them with. I am thinking of a dark blue or purple....Will be going to the batik store on Friday.

mom-6 08-27-2013 09:40 AM

WhooHoo! Got mine just now. All are so pretty!!! Blocks and strips both. Now to go play with them.