Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Batik Block Swap - Signups thru 2-15-13 - Due 2-28-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/batik-block-swap-signups-thru-2-15-13-due-2-28-13-a-t207263.html)

tracibug 03-06-2013 11:32 PM

Very kind of you Jane... And you sent beautiful FQs too. Waiting for the last package, tracking says tomorrow. I have a 14 shop Shop Hop so want to get these turned around so I can go have fun!!!

squires1042 03-07-2013 12:36 PM

Glad to know they made it.

Originally Posted by tracibug (Post 5895202)
Received MaryMo and squires 1082 today, waiting for two more!!

squires1042 03-07-2013 12:42 PM

I was cutting it close myself so thank you I wasn't the absolute last after all. You didn't have to do that for me but ok. Anything is fine with me. I use a lot of FQ's or ends of bolts, or pieces for the charity quilts that we do through our group.

Really excited to see what we all get back. I have some that were not quite large enough that I am going to make use of with these.

Originally Posted by jclinganrey (Post 5896878)
Hi group!

I apologize for holding things up with this swap. I am 100% responsible. As a 'thank you' to my fellow swappers for being so patient with me, I would like to give each of you a batik FQ. Plz know, though, it will add a bit of weight in your return package. Is that's okay with everyone?

If so, please let me know your color preference ASAP so I can start cutting. I want to get everything in the mail TODAY. I'm sure you want that too. How many swappers do we have? I'll put in some surprise FQ's for those who don't let me know soon. (and I mean soon).

Thanks again everyone!!

Jane

squires1042 03-07-2013 01:05 PM

Are we doing another one, or was this a one time. If we are any ideas for the next one.

tracibug 03-07-2013 04:33 PM

I am thinking of doing this one again, though may change the size and do either 8.5 or 12.5 blocks for something different, we shall see. Feel free to give me input and ideas!

mom-6 03-08-2013 06:44 AM

Thanks so much for hosting this swap! Would certainly like to do another one. It seems easier for me to come up with 12-1/2" (12" finished ) squares but that could just be because that's what I've done most of the time. It was challenging to do another size for this swap.

jclinganrey 03-09-2013 02:03 PM

Traci - - - I would like very much if you hosted another swap. While a 12" block is easy and there are a bazillion patterns (really - there are. I checked!) - how about you consider a size that would be just a bit of a challenge, ex: 8" x 12" ? Or 9" x 15"? Huh??? A rectangle. How about that??? Definitely not conventional. Just a thought - - -

Sounds like my package arrived safe and sound. Looking forward to seeing everyone else's beautiful blocks!

Jane

jaba 03-09-2013 05:55 PM

Are everyone's blocks in now? Just wondering if they all got there or not. Jclinganrey the only thing I have some concern about on your size suggestion is that you're going to leave alot of people out of the swap. There are some that are just learning and those sizes are not common enough to just look up a pattern and make them. Just my opinion.

tracibug 03-09-2013 10:31 PM

Hi ladies-

I have all of the blocks!! I took yesterday off and the last set had gone to my office so swung by and picked them up. Will get them swapped and ready to ship on Monday! Woohoo!

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous!!! Lovely work, everyone!!

I do believe I will request to host again, but will likely stay with either 8.5" or 12.5" as it will leave the swap open to all levels (including me)... I will certainly keep the idea of an odd shape blocks for another swap.

Thank you all for playing!!!

Elisabrat 03-11-2013 07:14 AM

I would participate if it were for good old fashioned 12.5 blocks. there are a bunch of 10" block patterns on quilterscache but so many more to chose from in the 12.5 size. I bet once the sets are posted and everyone shares their pics you will end up with more sign ups next round.