Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

NanaKathy55 09-14-2012 05:12 PM

I wrote this one one Aug 30
Hello again Ladies
I received the following F8's today from the following
urgodschild2
oldcatlady
sustraley
scrapper
annaquilts
I also received my first finished block from moonrise..and wanted her to know that I love the block..Thanks for sharing your talent with me!
NanaKathy55 (akaKathy0

joanelizbay 09-14-2012 06:06 PM

Block going home to urgodschild2 tomorrow. No new mail today..Have all but 4 of the F8s made into blocks so as soon as I get the 3 remaining F8's Ill be done...this swap went really fast!!

Charlotte Marie did you receive the block I made for you? Little frogs? Id sure like to see some more finished froggie blocks! Loved that fabric!

Fraew 09-14-2012 10:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received another awesome block today. Thanks girlscouts1!

Elisabrat 09-15-2012 12:37 AM

Jaba, how do you planto turn a 12.5 inch block into a placemat and make them all work even though they are so different? what is your finished size? curiosity and all. those are a lot of placemats... glad I am not serving food at your house! wowsa.

Love the blocks as always. Marybeth that is such a pretty block! I have looked at the pattern and didnt like it but here it is in real life and the combo of colors? it is so very pretty.

charlottemarie 09-15-2012 06:32 AM

Frogs

Yes, Joanelizbay, I did receive your lovely block. Thanks for asking.

jaba 09-15-2012 07:32 AM

Not real sure yet "-brat" but the plan is, it's only on paper so far mind you, to cut out 7" octagons, cut in half, add about a 3 1/2" half of an octagon to each side, then the finished placemat would be 12 X 18. They won't all go into placemats, probably sets of 6 - 8 fruits and the same for vege's, then it would take 2 or 3 to make a table runner. I had about 6 or 7 different fruit and 5 or 6 different vege's and enough material for 3 of each pattern , so I'll be able to make at least 3 sets, 1 for me and 1 for my 2 daughter in laws. There was no reason just thought they would be different and kind of cute for summer. I always use table mats, think that probably came from my mother. She absessed over how the table was set especially for holidays, gees and I do the same thing, takes me hours so it looks just right. Stupid I know, but such is life. At first I bought fabric just to make a jar quilt, thought they were cute, then decided I really didn't want to cuddle up with jaelpeno's across my bod so what was I going to do with it now. whala....placemats

Abby's Mom 09-15-2012 08:52 AM

On Monday I will be mailing blocks to: QuilterMomma, Goldendog, Pink Lotus, & 2 to Marytoddliz (1 side swap).

Recently I've received beautiful blocks from: Roseysue, joanelizbay, Tam...Moo, Chewboo, & CharlotteMarie. Thank you all so much. I will post pictures within the next couple of days.

charlottemarie 09-15-2012 09:15 AM

Forgot to post my mailouts yesterday. OK Darla, all three groups blocks mailed out.

NanaKathy55 09-15-2012 12:40 PM

Hi Ladies..just a update since I have been sending my messages to the wrong b oard
I have received all the f8 except for the following
pink lotus
1000 projects
areinn
lu2sew2011
marcialee
I have received finished blocks from the following ladies
charlottemarie
jaba
joanelizbay
marytoddliz
moonrise
twinriversfarm
I love all the blocks I have received and I thank you for sharing your talent with me
Kathy

marytoddliz 09-15-2012 01:10 PM

Today I received a beautiful block from Girlscout, I will post pic later as my camera needs a charging. I also got F8 from areinn and marcialee. Yippie going to be making some blocks today!

Linda Brat, I made place mats out of the first boom I was in, I made 2 sets of 8 for both my sister in laws. I added 3.5 inches on each side and 1.5 on the top and bottom. The backing and binding was all from the same fabric. They really turned out very nice, I still have some of the blocks left. I think I have pictures of the ones I made... some where I will find it and show you. I am like Jaba we use place mats all the time, I even make place mats out of my sample FMQ training! My granddaughter said to me "?Grandma why is there such a knot of string on this one!" LOL out of the mouths of babe's... She is now 14 and is learning to sew. I am going to give her my old machine for when she makes her first quilt.

ok off to looking for matching fabric.