Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-rubies-group-t197897.html)

DogHouseMom 12-01-2012 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5691748)
Doghousemom I just ordered the book, gotta' try this, it is amazing!!

Good for you!!

Another hint ... try the technique first on a smaller piece of fabric before you do a large panel (like I did!). I used a 9.5" piece of fabric to make Teresa's block which finished somewhere in the neighborhood of 13.5" if I remember correctly. I left her block un-trimmed so she could center it where ever she wanted to.

jacquie 12-01-2012 12:48 PM

WOW!!! this is truly STUNNING!!!!

what a fabulous block!!!
i also say frame it!!!

you lucky lucky lady!!!
:thumbup:

oldcatlady 12-01-2012 01:37 PM

I just ordered it also. I also ordered '200 Blocks from Quiltmaker Magazine: Original Patterns from Today's Top Designers (That Patchwork Place)' in order to get free shipping and I missed getting Vol. 1, 2 and 3 in the quiltmaker's blocks books.

awesome block!

DogHouseMom 12-01-2012 03:52 PM

It must be the day for ordering books from projects we've seen on QB. I ordered a book that I never thought I would get. I dislike QAYG and I dislike rag quilts ... but saw one today on QB and liked it way too much!!

jaba 12-01-2012 04:40 PM

I think I know the quilt you are talking about I think, I saw it and really liked it too but still not hooked on making one. You can make me one if you need practice, I'll send you fabric too!!! Serious thank so much for the hint, it might be awhile before I do it, finally started on my embroidery machine today that I have had forever and I'm in love.It scared me to death for some reason, but now I have all kinds of ideas floating in my head.

ctmhjenn 12-01-2012 09:29 PM

I can say I have done one thing in fracturing, it was so much fun, but I won't do it again unless the fabric is exceptional, as Teresas fabric is. It is just beautiful, wonderful job.

LovingIzabella 12-02-2012 05:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Beautiful blocks and I love the fractured block!!
Here are pictures of the blocks I have received so far:
They are in order from left to right top to bottom (I hope)
Buddy'sMom, CharlotteMarie
Elisabrat, DogHouseMom
Phannie1, Moonwork
Jacquie, immemother
ctmhjenn
I love them all! Thank you so much!!
Hugs
April

jaba 12-02-2012 05:42 PM

April, you have received my blocks haven't you? I sent you 2 for this swap...I haven't received any back from you for this or for diamonds

ctmhjenn 12-02-2012 06:39 PM

I love all your blocks April..this should be a very striking quilt.

tlambing 12-02-2012 07:00 PM

Whew! Finished my last 4 blocks today :)
Going in the mail tomorrow are blocks for:
jacquie
buddy'smom
immemother
DogHouseMom

Have not received fabric from:
Lovingizabella (have heard it's on it's way)
savannahrandons

Have not received blocks from:
jacquie (have heard it's on it's way)
Lovingizabella (have heard it's on it's way)
Phannie1
savannahrandons

No rush, just trying to make sure I'm keeping everyone straight. Please let me know if I am mistaken, so I can convene a search party.
Will take a pic of all my blocks tomorrow when there's some natural light. Can't wait to see them all together.