Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 ATLANTIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-atlantic-o-group-thread-t212378.html)

frenchfryqueen 02-01-2013 05:39 AM

Well crap. I started cutting my beautiful paisley print last night, and I realized I only have about 1/3 of what I need-- apparently I was asleep when I measured the first time.

So my choices are: use a white fabric with tiny red flowers that I have plenty of but don't really like (part of a yard sale bundle), or break my fabric moratorium and go buy some new tonight. Grrr!

LovingIzabella 02-01-2013 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen (Post 5829457)
Well crap. I started cutting my beautiful paisley print last night, and I realized I only have about 1/3 of what I need-- apparently I was asleep when I measured the first time.

So my choices are: use a white fabric with tiny red flowers that I have plenty of but don't really like (part of a yard sale bundle), or break my fabric moratorium and go buy some new tonight. Grrr!

My honest recommendation is never use something you don't really like. If you can afford to buy something I think this would be the time to make the exception to the moratorium...JMHO :)
Hugs
April

jclinganrey 02-01-2013 08:10 AM

Good morning, group! This is my first boomerang and I'm glad to know I'm not the only new person. I've done (and am in the midst of doing) some other swaps on this board which have been great fun.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Jane

LovingIzabella 02-01-2013 08:19 AM

Jane,
Welcome!! Did you get your email with addys?
Hugs
April
PS I have mailed one F8 for this group LOL

paperpieceme 02-01-2013 10:25 AM

all of my fabric went in the mail yesterday from Belleville WI. met a nice postal worker who also quilts. explained what we were doing to her, and talked quilting for a few minutes

urgodschild2 02-01-2013 10:59 AM

Ok I just returned from walking over to my post office. I am fortunate because it is only 1/2 a block away. I am in every group so I am going to post this on each group so that I do not have to type it again. Everyone's F8 has been mailed. WHEW!!!!! Being in all 5 groups you can imagine the price I paid. Of course I also had to get 100 forever stamps and 200 20c stamps. One of those 100 20cents is for a member in the Pacific group who can't get to the post office. Ok I will share what I learned. All my envelope cost exactly one forever stamp. So if your end tells you different let me know. Now for the people who are in more then one group.....I put yours in a 5 X 7 envelop. Guess what....that is considered pkg. price and so it cost more then if I just put them in separate office envelops and mailed them. Go figure. So When I return your grown up block...those in several groups will get several envelops. I want you all to know that so that you mail yours just in the office envelop as it will be cheaper. Of course those overseas always will cost more. LOL. I was surprised that my office envelopes were just the forever stamp, but then this is the first time I wrapped them in saran wrap and squished them down as tight as possible.
I am now looking forward to getting F8 to start making blocks. Let the fun begin.

quiltingmommy 02-01-2013 01:49 PM

Frenchfryqueen:
I think you should use the white w/red flowers, even if it is not a favorite. Not only will it save you money in the long run, but you will get rid of it! White with red flowers, a solid black fabric would go great with it; the black design would pop out and you will forget all about not liking the fabric to begin with.

frenchfryqueen 02-01-2013 03:03 PM

Jaba- I received your fabric tonight. LOVE IT!

jaba 02-01-2013 03:24 PM

Glad you like it, thanks for letting me know. I haven't gotten any yet....

Nelco 02-01-2013 03:30 PM

Jaba..got my f8 today.Thanks..Hope to have all mine in the mail next week.