Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-ELECTRA Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-10-0-electra-group-t225485.html)

Abby's Mom 08-06-2013 02:10 PM

Hi everyone - I've been away for 3 weeks, and it was like Christmas today when I opened the mail. I thought it would be easier to list who I have not received a F8 from - missing: Grammy 1231, Jaydee & Troy 26. If that's not correct please let me know so I can correct my list.

BEAUTIFUL Blocks received from: ArizonaKat, Gaijin, Jaba (2!!), ljdugas, NanaKathy, Old Rosebud & rose irish. Pictures will be posted very soon. Again, if my records are wrong please let me know. I will start to get blocks out very soon!

Old_Rosebud 08-06-2013 02:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
As promised, a picture of my awesome Ozark Trail block from RoseIrish48:[ATTACH=CONFIG]428697[/ATTACH]

And I got a block today from ljdugas. Thank you so much! It will be great when I get the quilt together. :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]428698[/ATTACH]
And I finished a block for oldcatlady. Pic is in my album if you can't stand not to look! Grown up blocks going out tomorrow!

paperpieceme 08-06-2013 06:06 PM

hello ladies, i have been working on blocks but have not mailed them out yet, after my little tumble down the stairs, i had to recover, during the county fair, getting kids at camp, and then i had a two day music festival to put on and now i am sick. (yes i am in full pity party mode tonight) so hopefully i will get a few more blocks done and then i will mail a bunch at once.

mollymunchkin 08-06-2013 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by paperpieceme (Post 6219541)
hello ladies, i have been working on blocks but have not mailed them out yet, after my little tumble down the stairs, i had to recover, during the county fair, getting kids at camp, and then i had a two day music festival to put on and now i am sick. (yes i am in full pity party mode tonight) so hopefully i will get a few more blocks done and then i will mail a bunch at once.

Take it easy so you will get better. We still have 3 months and 4 days before the mailing deadline. No rush.

paperpieceme 08-07-2013 07:52 AM

thanks Molly but i dont take it easy very well. i have been hiding out this morning and sewing blocks, its 1050am, and i havent heard any children arguing. i did check my chart, and i havent received fabric from createfourpaws, grammy1231, jaydee, missgigglewings, or mollymunchkin. so if i am supposed to have it let me know, and i will chat with my mail man. ;)

roseirish48 08-07-2013 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 6217260)
Okay ladies, I am in need of some advice. This is my first boom swap to be in. I have seen people emphasis the need to make sure the blocks you send out are the correct size at 12 1/2. What is the best way to handle things when you get a block back that is not 12 1/2 square? I am not looking to cause any trouble, just want some advice. I will not point fingers at anyone.

Thanks for you input and help.

there are times when circumstances beyond out control (and some that are) happen to make us appear with egg on our faces as the saying goes. I take full responsibility here and will redo block if you would kindly retrun to me.

createfourpaws 08-07-2013 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by paperpieceme (Post 6220499)
thanks Molly but i dont take it easy very well. i have been hiding out this morning and sewing blocks, its 1050am, and i havent heard any children arguing. i did check my chart, and i havent received fabric from createfourpaws, grammy1231, jaydee, missgigglewings, or mollymunchkin. so if i am supposed to have it let me know, and i will chat with my mail man. ;)

I mailed out all F8th on the 22nd of July, if it doesn't arrive soon let me know and I will send you a replacement.

mollymunchkin 08-07-2013 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by paperpieceme (Post 6220499)

Yeah, I totally understand the inability to take it easy. I mailed my F8 on Monday, so you should be getting it soon. But, no rush on getting it back to me. I still have Boom 8 and 9 blocks to put together, about 6 or 7 baby quilts to make (although the babies are nicely spaced between now and the first of the year) a WIP that I play with between other things, two charming addition quilts,....you get the idea....

jaba 08-07-2013 03:16 PM

Nothing from this group in a very long time. Yes you have time to make the blocks and send back but your F8's should have been sent a while ago. If you have not done so, please do, then everyone follows the same rules of this swap. Don't mean to preach, but they need to be sent out ladies.

troy26 08-07-2013 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Abby's Mom (Post 6219100)
Hi everyone - I've been away for 3 weeks, and it was like Christmas today when I opened the mail. I thought it would be easier to list who I have not received a F8 from - missing: Grammy 1231, Jaydee & Troy 26. If that's not correct please let me know so I can correct my list.

I posted a F8 out to you on the 15th July, please let me know if you haven't received by the end of next week.