Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Dresden Plate Fall Flowers - swap now CLOSED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/dresden-plate-fall-flowers-swap-now-closed-t128774.html)

Deb watkins 06-07-2011 11:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Description: Dresden Plate fall flowers and leaves.
We will be using the block pattern Dresden Plate from Quilterscache.com. Here is the link.

http://quilterscache.com/D/DresdenPlateBlock.html

Make 12 blocks alike, you will receive one of yours back and 11 different blocks. The petals should be of fall colors, with leaves. Background could be beige, tan, darker yellows, pale golds - no white please. The blocks should speak 'FALL'.

Please mark EACH ONE of your blocks with a little slip of paper pinned to each block, or a sticky label can be used, please put the label on the back as sometimes some of the 'sticky' adhears to the block itself. Or you may write in somewhere that it will not bleed through with a permanent thin pigma pen. Please include your real name AND Board name.

You may send them to me any way you wish, just make sure you have a return ADDRESS label and a Flat Rate STAMP (NOT THE METERED STAMP) $4.95 for the returning blocks. You do not need to send an envelope. I have ordered padded FRE for your return swapped blocks. Sign-up will close on July 31. PM me if you wish to join.

Blocks due to me by August 31. Because of problems with the deadlines in other swaps, if there is going to be a problem with having them here by August 31, please pm me. You also have the option of dropping out of the swap. It is not fair for those who do honor the deadline to be waiting and waiting and waiting.
In accordance with general swap rules, failure to send promised BLOCKS will be reported in both the public column of the group activity matrix and as negative feedback against the profile of anyone who does not fulfill their commitment to the swap.

If you want to make multiple sets, just make sure you have 12 blocks of each SET design. You will receive back as many sets as you send. The flat rate bubble envelope will hold two/three sets. Any more than that, you will need another flat rate return address label and stamp.

I will post a pic of a sample block later.

This is an example of the finished block for this swap. It was made by Robert. Nice job!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]211588[/ATTACH]

sharon b 06-07-2011 04:48 PM

So no raw edge on the outside edge ?

LoriEl 06-07-2011 04:55 PM

I am going to try one to see how I do. Then maybe I ca join in the fun!

Deb watkins 06-07-2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
So no raw edge on the outside edge ?

No raw edge. I did the spring Dresden plate with leaves - using the Quilterscache.com template. I folded the top edge and did the petals as points instead of the round edge.

Is the thread corrected now? I know it had a double post and deleted, and reposted and moved....quite confusing after a bad day in Bedrock.

sharon b 06-07-2011 05:05 PM

Merging them now - give me a second- and by the way I missed the spring swap :cry: LOL I could do that one - its the hand applique that kills me :roll:

Deb watkins 06-07-2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Merging them now - give me a second- and by the way I missed the spring swap :cry: LOL I could do that one - its the hand applique that kills me :roll:

No hand applique'. All done with blanket stitch.

steelecg 06-08-2011 03:33 AM

I would like to join this swap - I love dresden plates

Deb watkins 06-08-2011 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by steelecg
I would like to join this swap - I love dresden plates

Will put you on the roster!

Deb watkins 06-08-2011 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by LoriEl
I am going to try one to see how I do. Then maybe I ca join in the fun!

Lori, just check out the quilterscache.com site for the template. Also, if you go to the thread *flowers that bloom in the spring trala trala*, you will find a step by step tutorial on how to do this block. We did spring colors earlier, and now extending it to the fall colors.

Daryl 06-08-2011 05:29 AM

What is the address to send blocks

Daryl