Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/favorite-things-tablerunner-mat-swap-sign-ups-close-january-10th-t236412.html)

Likethedog 12-21-2013 04:07 PM

I've been collecting fat quarters with cats, whenever I find them. I have eight or nine now. Eventually, I figured, I'll make something from them.

tlambing 12-21-2013 05:36 PM

I love all animals, but ya know what…I don't have a single cat fabric at all! I have a few scraps of doggies left over from a Boom, but, not a single kittie.

Had lots of fun out with quilting friends for lunch today. We celebrated my birthday as well as Christmas! Came home with an armload of gifts. It's so fun to get together and we hardly talked about quilting at all! One of my gifts is a spectacular owl pillowcase :) Which is one of my favorite things. Owls are as adorable as they are wise.

jaba 12-21-2013 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Birthday Tlambing. Glad you had a fun day with friends. I don't have any kitty stuff either, maybe because I'm very allergic to them....[ATTACH=CONFIG]452762[/ATTACH]

Likethedog 12-21-2013 08:29 PM

Happy birthday, Tlambing. Hope the shortest day of the year was long on happiness.

jaba 12-21-2013 08:49 PM

I'm going nuts having to wait to see what my partner wants me to try and make. Got a least part of it done, have a couple of table mats picked out and about 3-4 runners, so one of them should fit her favorite things...I hope.

Tfch8184 12-22-2013 03:36 AM

I would love to hoard cat fabric but df does not care for cats. It's a true show of how much he loves me that he let me have five considering before we got the first one he said he hated cats. I think df would draw the line for me at having cats and spending money on cat fabric. Lol. I would love to collect car fabric for him though.

mom-6 12-22-2013 11:00 AM

I'm collecting car fabric too! DH and DGS both would be willing recipients of something made with such.

tlambing 12-23-2013 10:37 AM

Has anyone had a chance to look at prospective patterns for our swap? I'm leaning toward a more contemporary pattern if it works. Really wanting to try one I've never done before. Can't wait to find out what my partners likes are……..I'm hoping some of my batiks will fit in there somewhere:)

If you're on the fence wondering if you should jump in and join us, please do! The more the Merrier Ho Ho HO! We are open to new players until Jan 10th, well after Christmas and into the New Year. You'll have had plenty of time to recuperate from all of your holiday festivities.

Happy Holidays!

Likethedog 12-23-2013 02:02 PM

Tlambing -- how many have signed up thus far? I think it's going to be a really fun swap, so I hope more people take advantage of it.

I'm going to try a pattern I've never done before -- I like trying new things and I like variety. Fortunately, a new pattern is easy for me, since I haven't done very many yet.

tlambing 12-23-2013 03:00 PM

We have at least a dozen so far! I'm hoping many more will join us.:)