Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2012 Doll Quilt Swap (No Theme, Sender's Choice) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2012-doll-quilt-swap-no-theme-senders-choice-t176576.html)

jillnjo 02-28-2012 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Chele (Post 5014130)
Take a look at this beauty from our very own Crazy Quiltin' Robin. It's gorgeous! And so beautifully made. She also included some fancy pins and a decal for my car. Now what cop would pull over a quilter? I'm gonna start speeding tomorrow! Thank you again, Crazy Robin. You are one talented cookie!

Indeed this is a sweet quilt!! Color and more color!

oksewglad 02-28-2012 04:11 PM

I am so glad it got there, whew made it before the deadline!! I am tickled that you like it, Ronda. In case you don't know rwquilts is heading up a mini PP block swap. Thought she could use these little non PP blocks in her quilt or whatever she wants to do with them. Thanks for the kind words.
Do you ever wish you would've done something different after you finished a quilt? I wish I wouldn't have used the varigated thread in the light blocks as the fabric is so delightful, oh well (sigh)

rwquilts 02-28-2012 04:48 PM

I love it, just as it is Gladie! Thank you again! :)

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5017014)
I am so glad it got there, whew made it before the deadline!! I am tickled that you like it, Ronda. In case you don't know rwquilts is heading up a mini PP block swap. Thought she could use these little non PP blocks in her quilt or whatever she wants to do with them. Thanks for the kind words.
Do you ever wish you would've done something different after you finished a quilt? I wish I wouldn't have used the varigated thread in the light blocks as the fabric is so delightful, oh well (sigh)

Quilty-Louise 02-28-2012 05:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I received my DQ yesterday (Monday 2-27), and I love them
both, my partner Lv2Sew2011 said she was not happy with the
first dq, so she made me a second one.

I am beyond pleased!!!!!

As much as I hate to admit this I am so late this month, I
THOUGHT I was about finished with my dq, tossed it in the
washer so that I could get the "shrinkage" effect I wanted
and the blasted thing FELL APART!!!!!
Boy talk about not being a happy quilter I think I even invented
a few new swear words because of that, now I am back to
square one.

I am sorry my friend that I am late this month.

Here are pictures of the dq I received.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316205[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316206[/ATTACH]

AND I even got a "bonus" manicure set

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316207[/ATTACH]

urgodschild2 02-28-2012 08:27 PM

I am always in awe at the DQ that you all do. They are so beautiful. I love the cathedral window one. I have to learn how to do that someday. I love the embroidered kitty. That is so cute. The colorful one is absolutely colorful and so much fun to look at. The pretty soft pink one is so feminine. I hope I didn't miss anyone. These are so gorgeous.

Tulip 02-29-2012 04:22 AM

Oh my goodness, what beautiful quilts! I so look forward to my morning coffee and my quilty time looking at all the beautiful creations on the dq swap...Sorry to say I had to stop printing off pics as the cost of my ink was putting me in the poor house. So now, I save them in my documents, not like having them on paper in my hands. I guess I am a tactile person. lol
I am so enjoying this, thanks everyone!:D

Quilt4u 02-29-2012 05:16 AM

Wow!!!! All the quilts are beautiful I sent mine out yesterday.

Krystyna 02-29-2012 05:36 AM

Boy, oh, boy! Stay away from this thread for a day and there is so much catching up to do! The quilts coming in are so gorgeous. Chele that heart quilt is perfect for your last time out as swap moderator. You're the heart of doll quilts!

If anyone hasn't signed up yet, there's no time to waste!

QuiltingKrazy 02-29-2012 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the DQ I sent to my partner Uniquedesigner. I know she has received it so I don't think she'll mind me posting a picture of it. She has been a bit under the weather lately so I am glad I sent her "Flowers" to cheer her up!

LeslieFrost 02-29-2012 12:06 PM

QK, that is beautiful and cheerful! Good job.