Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2013 Doll Quilt Swap "Strips and Stripes" Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2013-doll-quilt-swap-strips-stripes-sign-up-t211287.html)

Difergie 02-19-2013 07:21 AM

Lynnie..what program did you use to make your book?

buslady 02-19-2013 10:14 AM

It Came!!!!!

2 Attachment(s)
Wow! that book is GREAT! I have been putting all my stuff, envelopes, etc in a box. Got it out a couple of weeks ago, was gonna organize and get all written down. Yea, RIght! I can't remember what I did this morning, much less which letter went with which DQ, did I send? Did I receive? I will figure it out. Someday. LOL
On a MUCH better note, just look at the beautiful DQ Hearthhush sent me. And a matching Mug Rug. You know, I am growing very fond of Mug Rugs!! Yellow is my all time favorite color. This looks so bright and cheery. Makes me think of spring. Thank you Hearthhush!! I love it.

buslady 02-19-2013 10:18 AM

I gotta ask. How do you get the notes I see at the bottom of some of the pictures? Tells you what the picture is?

Tulip 02-19-2013 10:23 AM

Lynnie, what a wonderful idea for keeping track of your DQ experiences!
Beautiful DQs' coming in, love all the creativeness.

Tesspug: Mailed out your DQ today, you should see it on Friday per the PO Bosses.:rolleyes:
Sent my PM to Krystyna for the March sign up, can't wait!

Difergie 02-19-2013 11:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]396315[/ATTACH]Today I received such a bright and spring like doll quilt. My First!. Just love it. Also a couple of goodies. Thanks sew much, Loupesprit.....

Linny 02-19-2013 11:34 AM

Lynnie-love the view from your porch...perfect for sewing, reading or just daydreaming. You were my first swap partner, and I stitched some poppies for you(don't know if you remember, but I do).....love the book idea....think a few of us ought to come on down, sit on your porch and chat, maybe sip tea together. Sounds good to me.

SulaBug 02-19-2013 12:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
LOOKIE at what I received from Wanda Lou, this past Saturday!! :D I just love it & am so happy that she was my partner in the February Doll Quilt Swap!! :D I would have posted my picture sooner, but have been ill in bed with a bad cold. Thank you so much Wanda Lou for the darling doll quilt & the Valentine candy that came with it. Yours will soon be in the mail too.

Lynnie25 02-19-2013 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Difergie (Post 5872334)
Lynnie..what program did you use to make your book?

I do each page in Microsoft Word and insert the pictures into the page. It's real easy to do and I just use the month's before template to do a new month. The display folder is great to hold the pages and I attach letters, notes, received from my swap partners to the back of the page. LOL you can see I was an office administrator for over 30 years.

I am happy to send you a template of a page if you want, just PM me

Lynnie25 02-19-2013 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Linny (Post 5872999)
Lynnie-love the view from your porch...perfect for sewing, reading or just daydreaming. You were my first swap partner, and I stitched some poppies for you(don't know if you remember, but I do).....love the book idea....think a few of us ought to come on down, sit on your porch and chat, maybe sip tea together. Sounds good to me.

I love the poppies quilt you sent Linny, I get it out every Anzac Day (April 25) and display it as a tribute to our fallen soldiers as poppies are sold on this day as well as Remembrance Day in November.

Okay, there will be a QB Quilting Retreat in Tasmania, anytime between December and March... any year !!!

Lynnie25 02-19-2013 12:22 PM

Oh my, I love the cheery 'braid' quilts that have come in, was a great idea to do a strips and stripes theme.