Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2013 Doll Quilt Swap "Strips and Stripes" Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2013-doll-quilt-swap-strips-stripes-sign-up-t211287.html)

Tulip 02-03-2013 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by tesspug (Post 5835479)
Tulip and I have made contact. I had a dream about her DQ. Now I'm standing at the cutting table trying to figure out how to make it. Also contacted Tam-Moo. I love the cow in her avater.

That's funny Tess, your dreaming of the DQ and I am in the middle of a nightmare with yours! lol I am on the second DQ for you, again the "girls" have told me, "Mom, that is not stripey". So, back to the drawing board. Can't seem to shake my country roots, you would think I could find a bit of fabric in my stash that has stripes! I have a better chance of seeing a pig fly.:p
On to idea #3, needless to say Tess, probably won't be mailing at the beginning of the week, but I know I can get this right, I know I can, I know I can........:eek:
If I can find what box my camera/computer thingy is in, I will post pics of my two humble beginnings.:rolleyes:

Tulip 02-03-2013 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Found my photo/computer thingy,(that's a technical term). Here are my first two attempts, I thought I would build the star border with court house steps, but the girls called that cheating, lol

wanda lou 02-03-2013 06:11 PM

tulip those are great, I love both...

wanda lou 02-03-2013 06:18 PM

Hi Alaska Alice, that was a great price, are you on JBER maybe you get a special rate, My daughter and her family live in
<DD>Anchorage, Alaska on JBER base. when mailed her and my Grandkids Christmas package was $175.00, I thought I would fall over... next Christmas we are still sending the kids a couple of gifts to unwrap but we are also sending gift cards of good ole cash... that was just crazy... </DD>

Krystyna 02-03-2013 06:19 PM

Tulip, they're not stripey or strippy but they ARE cute and a half!

wanda lou 02-03-2013 06:20 PM

Oh... I love the cow in her avatar too.

Would love to that has a painting.

Originally Posted by tesspug (Post 5835479)
Tulip and I have made contact. I had a dream about her DQ. Now I'm standing at the cutting table trying to figure out how to make it. Also contacted Tam-Moo. I love the cow in her avater.

Krystyna 02-03-2013 06:25 PM

Nancy, still deciding on which of the series I'm working on is the one you'll get. Got side tracked for a couple of days making veils and hoping not to lose too many customers in my frantic catch up sewing! The Janome Memory Craft 6500 gifted to me by someone who I wish wouldn't insist on being anonymous is sewing like a dream. It took me a while to get used to it. I think I had sewing phobia for a while. Anyway, wow, I love love love it. I don't miss my Babylock at all. :thumbup:

Today I made curtains for the bedroom from some fabric I found on sale in the Red Dot section of Joann a couple of weeks ago. Hubby is working the midnight shift tonight (which I hate) so I wanted to make quick curtains to block out light so he'd sleep before work. They were pieced with top and side borders because I didn't have enough of either fabric to make them. Zipped right through them with this wonderful machine! :)

Tulip 02-04-2013 03:33 AM

Thanks wandalou and krystyna. I need to see an example, anyone want to help a gal out? I am a rule follower (Leo is my sign, lol). Otherwise, it is off to the fabric store to buy stripes!:thumbup:

Krystyna 02-04-2013 06:46 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few from a Google search -
[ATTACH=CONFIG]393048[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393049[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393050[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393051[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393052[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 02-04-2013 06:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is one of my rejects -- not going anywhere except maybe to be cut up for mug rugs.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]393053[/ATTACH]