Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Hot Air Balloon Swap - Signup Closed Blocks due by Sept 3 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/hot-air-balloon-swap-signup-closed-blocks-due-sept-3-a-t40563.html)

Deb watkins 03-24-2010 11:11 AM

12 1/2 inch UNFINISHED Hot Air Balloons
Please use 100% pre-washed cotton (required) and make sure your blocks measure 12 ½".

You make 12 blocks, all alike and send them to me along with a self addressed, stamped envelope for return postage.

Please read this regarding return envelopes:
If you are sending in one set (12) or two sets (for those who are really ambitious - 24), please do the return in the FLAT RATE ENVELOPE - you can purchase the stamp for $4.90. Please include your Board name above your "real" name on the envelope you send to me.

I will make sure they are in plastic for weather protection.

I have had several packages from other swaps that I had to pay additional postage for the return.

Your blocks can be PP, similar to or the block design that NBQ posted on the swap thread, or of your own design. Be creative with your balloons!

Sign-up will close Aug 20, blocks due to me by Sept 3rd.

I will send you back one of your blocks and one each of 11 different blocks..

Please mark EACH ONE of your blocks with a little slip of paper pinned to each block, or a sticky label can be used, please put the label on the back as sometimes some of the 'sticky' adhears to the block itself.

If you want to make multiple sets, just make sure you have 12 blocks of balloon design. You will receive back as many as you send.

STAR 03-24-2010 11:14 AM

Ok MOMMY! I want to be the first to sign up, hope I make it

telby69 03-24-2010 11:25 AM

Count me floating!!!

chewboo 03-24-2010 11:32 AM

thinking about it

Tam...Moo 03-24-2010 11:43 AM

I would love to sign up - sounds like a great idea and something new for me.

SazuBMidlands 03-24-2010 11:52 AM

Yay! Count me in!

wilhelmina 03-24-2010 12:04 PM

This will be fun!

I go To The Sea To Breathe 03-24-2010 12:19 PM

i AM IN FOR ALL THREE SWAPS . tHANKS, JACKIE

MadQuilter 03-24-2010 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Your blocks can be PP, similar to or the block design that NBQ posted on the swap thread, or of your own design. Be creative with your balloons!

Sorry but I can't find the reference block you mentioned. Can you please post a link?

Deb watkins 03-24-2010 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by Deb watkins

Sorry but I can't find the reference block you mentioned. Can you please post a link?

Mad - it was in the Vote for the next swap thread that NBQ posted. Let me go back and see if I can find it. It was done on her EQ, not a link. sorry. Wilhelmina has one that she is going to see if she can get permission to post. If not, and you like applique, try the coloring books or clip art for a picture that you can sew.