Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2013-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-t208901.html)

Nancy in Louisiana 01-10-2013 09:57 AM

How about a faux pas? I've done a lot of them.

Krystyna 01-10-2013 11:25 AM

Nancy, they fib! Or maybe not. Just sent you a PM about the weird system of getting mail they have here. Maybe you have a package, maybe you have three. Maybe it's in the parcel box that won't open with the broken key. You never know. But it is gorgeous out and I'm on my way!

Krystyna 01-10-2013 03:09 PM

Oh I have some evil ideas rolling around in my mind. You'll be so sorry that I'm back, ha ha ha!!!

A technique you've never done before ...

Curves ...

Completely hand-stitched ...

Or ... ? ? ?

I was thinking of paper piecing but my buddy RWQuilts has a spring one going ... and I hope you'll all sign up!

QuiltingKrazy 01-10-2013 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5777011)
Oh I have some evil ideas rolling around in my mind. You'll be so sorry that I'm back, ha ha ha!!!

A technique you've never done before ...

Curves ...

Completely hand-stitched ...

Or ... ? ? ?

I was thinking of paper piecing but my buddy RWQuilts has a spring one going ... and I hope you'll all sign up!

I won't be sad your back! LOL I like the idea of technique never done. paper piecing and my brain just don't click. I do everything backwards

Krystyna 01-10-2013 08:05 PM

Or ...
Primitive
Strips and Stripes
Animal Kingdom
Waiting for Spring ...

buslady 01-11-2013 05:44 AM

OOOOOOOOO!! I like em all!! Cept maybe the paper piecing. I'm with QK on that one. I've been doing some sew and flip, I can handle that. LOL and curves, I love curves. My halloween DQ had a moon in it that was cut and pieced in. I was pretty proud of myself on that one. I was at the Quilt show in Cincinatti last year and signed up for a tool of the month from a lady their. It is templates for all sorts of curves and such. I have been dying to use them. Did I mention I am an impulse shopper?

Krystyna 01-11-2013 07:59 AM

Maybe I should create a survey monkey so everyone can vote?

urgodschild2 01-11-2013 08:54 AM

I have tried paper piecing and I seem to waste a lot of fabric and it is so hard to figure out. I keep telling myself that others can do it and it looks so crisp and neat....but when I try it......ugh. so I shy away from paper piecing things. I was doing the block a month calendar thing from last year and several months was paper piecing and I just couldn't do it so I stopped making them. Ok I guess that makes me a quitter. Sigh. I like all the suggestions that you h ave said so far. I didn't sign up this month and so far it has been good. I think I needed the rest.

Krystyna 01-11-2013 10:46 AM

URGodsChild, unlike you, I love paper piecing. Once you get the hang of it, it is so much fun and everything does come out so crisp and clean. RWQuilts makes wonderful little quilts with that technique. I'm sure she'd help you out. Also check out Carol Doan's site with lots of beginner techniques. My own fear is applique. I'd love to do it, but it looks so complicated.

hobbykat1955 01-11-2013 10:53 AM

My DQ is on it''s way to KitsyKeel...Theme for 2013 versus using the 3 colors...Hope she like it...