Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2013-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-t208901.html)

Lynnie25 01-13-2013 12:20 PM

Love the DQs coming in. Got my quilt pieced together over the weekend, did more unpicking than sewing :( but it finally went together okay. Now to get it quilted and on its way to buslady.

Elisabrat 01-13-2013 12:26 PM

ah that is a rag quilt perhaps? nice soft colors.

Krystyna I had an idea! (ok dont all look so suprised). I was thinking of "Postcard from Home" as a theme. A doll quilt that represents your state/city. state bird? state flower? location beach? mountains? farm land? something about where you live. big city buildings? everyone lives somewhere in theory.. and there is something that we can say yeah that is our state food (Idaho potatos! Florida Oranges!) or something in that kind of realm. This can end up being paper pieced to your giddy satisfaction with fabrics of such things or it can be regular pieced also or appliqued if you wanted to do an item. just a thought.

oh wait another thought (better stop me guys) if you want to ignore this grand suggestion for another month .. how about an item. You say ok.. a critter. now it can be appliqued the actual critter or it can be done with that critters fabric or .. or say an item like a Vase. again can be pieced, appliqued fabrics with vases.. one item 100 intepretations. just stop me from thinking and get me back to work on a tablerunner project. ok ok leaving .. have a nice weekend everyone. stay warm and well.

Krystyna 01-13-2013 01:16 PM

Paula and KitsyKeel - both beauties!

OK. Lots and lots of ideas floating around here. So ... your soon-to-be-hostess has decided on February ... use a technique you've never done before. I know exactly what I am going to attempt - and it's all Nancy in Louisiana's fault for sending me the most delightful package that included a book on .... well you'll have to wait and see.

skaduzy 01-13-2013 01:25 PM

Just wanted TammyB to know I am working on this 3 color DQ. It's ready to be quilted and then I need to add a little applique. I will get it to you soon :)

I don't like PP'ing either and sure hope that is not what we use next month. Tried it and don't want it!

Oops! Guess it's 'just try something new!'

Dragonfly Nana 01-13-2013 01:39 PM

Elisabrat - glad you like your DQ - It looks like purple/lavender is the color so far this month.

Use a technique you've never done before - hummm that will be interesting.

TammyB 01-13-2013 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy (Post 5783759)
Just wanted TammyB to know I am working on this 3 color DQ. It's ready to be quilted and then I need to add a little applique. I will get it to you soon :)

I don't like PP'ing either and sure hope that is not what we use next month. Tried it and don't want it!

Oops! Guess it's 'just try something new!'

Oh, I can't wait. I'm sure it will be a lovely piece!

Elisabrat 01-14-2013 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
can I say right now.. argh? worked so hard to get this technique down not sure I am game for anymore at the moment. I will wait I think for March to jump back on the train. :( one thing at a time is about all I can tackle. but at least I admit it .. oh and dragonflynana there is this adorable applique I need you to make for me lol can I sign you up for hire? she is really good guys. even that tiny dragonfly on the back how you can write that small and stitch something so tiny amazes me. while waiting for all the doll quilts to roll in I thought I would post the request for dragonfly. if any of you have seen that commercial keyboard cat? I love that one. so stupid and goofy it makes me smile every single time well here is a quilt I saw that I now need: [ATTACH=CONFIG]388021[/ATTACH]

Dragonfly Nana 01-14-2013 07:47 AM

Elisabrat - I can do that - or at least something close. I have a shower quilt to finish by this weekend but then I can see what I can do about a keybord kitty for you.

urgodschild2 01-14-2013 08:22 AM

Dragonfly and Kitsykeel.....Love your doll quilts. Kitsy can't tell what technique is used on your doll quilt and how is the edging done??????

Krystyna 01-15-2013 03:24 AM

Oh, that kitty is toooo cute! Elisabrat, you don't have to do the theme. It's always optional. But ... I think I'll try to come up with another one.