Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January 2013 Doll Quilt Swap Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-2013-doll-quilt-swap-sign-up-t208901.html)

Lynnie25 01-17-2013 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5792538)
Was that horrible or what?

If I was watching Criminal Minds I wouldn't be stitching :) Keep telling DH that if I was to have an affair it would be with Derek Morgan (Sheemar Moore) LOL

dabbler312 01-17-2013 01:01 PM

Lyn - he's on my hottie list as well.

Krystyna 01-17-2013 02:06 PM

I was talking about Criminal Minds -- not ripping, although that is often horrible, too!
It was so weird that both that show and the one after it had suicides in it. Seriously, what we watch on television has changed so much. I know I'm old but I remember when you couldn't even show a toilet on tv -- and when Lucy was pregnant, they only showed her above the waist. Now ... oooof! I'd rather keep my eyes on my stitching!

QuiltingKrazy 01-17-2013 05:00 PM

I do think Derek is a hottie no doubt! But I'm kinda with you Krystyna, I think tv has gone a bit to far out there with all they show. I wish there were more shows more values and laughter than all the who killed who and the lack of moral values. But I guess the good stuff doesn't sell ads. Even the news is so dreadful some days.

On lighter note.... I should be mailing Quiltermomof3's dq! weather permitting! I may have to send it by boat if it doesn't quilt raining! ugh I now have water front property! not by choice

Lynnie25 01-17-2013 05:57 PM

I agree Krystyna, I only watch it long enough to satisfy my Derek 'crush', don't like the content at all, way too violent most times for me to watch, gives me nightymares and I'd rather be dreaming about quilts :)

Dragonfly Nana 01-17-2013 06:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Lookie what the postal service delivered to me today - a box FULL of goodies and my lovely DQ from Elisabrat!
The heart is actually woven fabric - so very cool! I love it and know the perfect wall spot in my sewing room.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]388721[/ATTACH]
And all the goodies too! Fabric, a pattern, candy hearts, and a beautiful flower on a lovely card.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388722[/ATTACH]
I am truly spoiled - Thank you so very much Linda.

Krystyna 01-18-2013 06:59 AM

First piece of business --
A HUGE THANK YOU to the Lovely Lisa B

for everything she has done for the Doll Quilt Swap.

She came to our rescue and did it with great grace and aplomb!

(Sound: THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE AND CHEERING)

Second piece of business:
I'm back.
:) (Sound: Bwaahahahaha evil laugh)

I listened to your whining -- um, I mean concerns -- about the new technique challenge so that is in the trash heap. For now.
:rolleyes:

So ... I have devised a new torture for you to enjoy ... sign up is here :thumbup:

urgodschild2 01-18-2013 08:55 AM

Oh my goodness....I got bored with Criminal minds this week and turned it off to quilt. LOL. I guess I should have stayed to the end. Now I have to watch it on Demand. At least the ending. Don't tell me that my darling bright man is dead I will just never watch criminal minds again if that is true.

hobbykat1955 01-18-2013 10:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the DQ I sent to KitsyKeel...I don't think she posted but she did rec so I'm posting. Forgot to take a photo after I hand sewed binding

Dragonfly Nana 01-18-2013 10:56 AM

I LOVE it hobbykat! What a hoot you are. Great quilt