Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January FAT QUARTER swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-fat-quarter-swap-t209733.html)

Elisabrat 01-20-2013 07:08 AM

dont know where you get your halfway young lady but I say we arw two thirds through which means drum roll.. its almost feb. its almost any holiday in my books and well not too many between now and then so i just fast forwarded. I am already on March in my head you see I stupidly promised my daughter a monthly holiday gift to mail to her. she is 21 and just starting out. she loves holidays like her mom so I not only have to think them I have to make them and mail them to arrive just at the first of the Month hence my stupid rush for the holiday fabric! lol big mouth it seems to be kicking my rear right now. thankfully come July first I am done. it was a twelve month gift. phew! race with me will you guys! wait slow down!! hufff hufff SLOW down. my mind she works fast these fingers not so much.

MaryMo 01-20-2013 08:35 AM

Linda, did you make a quilted valentine gift from your FQs for your daughter? Share the picture, we want to see too .... it's fun to see what others receive, almost as good as receiving the gift too .....

kiffie2413 01-20-2013 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5795154)
Here's the new FQ storage dresser, I love it. It does have a big high mirror that attaches to it but that isn't done yet. We ordered the new drawer pulls off of e-bay, original ones were just wood knobs. Still need to find a home for emergency machine and serger.[ATTACH=CONFIG]388854[/ATTACH]

Your hubby did a great job on the dresser/now fq storage chest...My dh is pretty handy that way...I have my Great-grandma's (Ma) Singer treadle machine in the original cabinet...dh has been working on cleaning the machine and getting it all spruced up for me...Ma also had electric foot pedal added to the machine, too..back in the 50's...Dh has been recovering from leg surgery he had on Nov 8th..was in cast 2 months, now in walking boot for another 6 weeks...so hopefully won't be another year before he gets it done...haha...anyways, yours looks awesome!
K

tlambing 01-21-2013 08:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got to use some of my fantastic Valentine swap fabrics this weekend. My one wallhanging turned into 2, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make one for a friend :) Here's the finished blocks. Will finish the tops today sometime.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389719[/ATTACH]

jaba 01-21-2013 08:40 AM

Thanks Kiffee, I think so too. Am trying to learn from him how to do it more professionally. He makes custom cabinets, etc. for a living. He loves doing it so I am very grateful. He custom built all the cabinets in my kitchen last year when we redid it and has done 2 of the bathrooms. Truly my "handy" handy man.:thumbup:

auntpiggylpn 01-21-2013 09:23 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got my FQs over the weekend. We were out of town and it was a nice surprise to open the mailbox yesterday evening and find the packages! Thanks to Tracibug and I'm not sure who the other one is from because there wasn't a Board name on the package but it is from a "B. Gal*****" of Florissant, MO. Thanks ladies!!! The fabrics are wonderful!

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 01-21-2013 11:11 AM

Thanks so much everyone for your kind understanding, we hope my mom is on the road to recovery, she has been do all the doctors, has heard their opinions and suggestions, and at this point she is following their new game plan. We need to go have labs on the 24th, and I am hoping all will be well. My mom is the sweetest lady, she is 77 and is the kindest lady ever, and hurts me so when she isn't well. I love her so....I appreciate all the wonderful comments...this wonderful lady gave me life.... and I owe her the utmost gratitude...she is so funny and we have the most fun we we go out and do things....so I need to keep her healthy, so we can keep doing them.. I am so sorry for all of you who have lost your moms...my heart goes out to you all......

Aprilisslowlylearnlytoquilt 01-21-2013 11:13 AM

Oh I just love this.......so cute.....the valentines blocks are wonderful

MaryMo 01-21-2013 11:34 AM

auntpiggylpn, your swap partner is quiltingdragon .... she sent me nearly the same set - beautiful fabrics which I am stitching into a block (just not done yet for pictures). Your other set is fabulous as well. Happy stitching!!!

tlambing - love your beautiful valentine wall hanging! super adaptation of log block! Can I copy your design .... imitation is the highest form of flattery.

tlambing 01-21-2013 11:49 AM

Most certainly, it is not my pattern. It's an old pattern called Heart to Heart by Four corners.

Originally Posted by MaryMo (Post 5802717)
auntpiggylpn, your swap partner is quiltingdragon .... she sent me nearly the same set - beautiful fabrics which I am stitching into a block (just not done yet for pictures). Your other set is fabulous as well. Happy stitching!!!

tlambing - love your beautiful valentine wall hanging! super adaptation of log block! Can I copy your design .... imitation is the highest form of flattery.