Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January FAT QUARTER swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-fat-quarter-swap-t209733.html)

Elisabrat 01-17-2013 08:58 PM

Wow you two are such talented people. sitting in the corner trying to find some shine. wait! its at your house! what a lovely gift Jaba. It takes a trained eye to see a jewel in the rough. I am quiet honestly a horrendous furniture renovator. I have the ideas and the colors and no elbow grease of substance to sand anything down to do it. I saw this piece at the thrift store this weekend said what amazing bones painted beachy white it would be.. then I said bad investment. never happen. So someone else got some good bones there too.

once again those fingers see that fabric there jan and it says hello just check out those sprouts coming up in your garden Jan! no seriously go check them out.. what is that lump under my jacket? oh um.. me? no?
shoot it never ever works. sigh. new plan. coming here soon!

sustraley 01-18-2013 03:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A big thank you to starshine. I received the FQ's on Friday. Love the variety. You did a great job picking them out.

mscupid804 01-18-2013 05:41 AM

Sue, I love the Paris theme fab!

quiltingdragon 01-18-2013 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 5794300)
A big thank you to starshine. I received the FQ's on Friday. Love the variety. You did a great job picking them out.

I also got a lovely bunch of FQ's in the mail from Starshine. I am IN LOVE with the multicolor heart print. I got the same black with roses and hearts fabric from both partners - and my music fraternity's symbol is the rose, so I think i'm going to have to whip up something for one of my sisters out of this, since hearts and roses can translate into Sigma Alpha Iota love!

jaba 01-18-2013 09:53 AM

FQ storage

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the new FQ storage dresser, I love it. It does have a big high mirror that attaches to it but that isn't done yet. We ordered the new drawer pulls off of e-bay, original ones were just wood knobs. Still need to find a home for emergency machine and serger.[ATTACH=CONFIG]388854[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 01-18-2013 03:14 PM

Jan no kidding he did great work. That is a lovely little piece and wish you had a photo of the original so you could do the before and after. it didnt sound too hot before. Hi five. you scored.

jaba 01-18-2013 05:15 PM

I thought about that this morning and wished we would have also. Don't know why we didn't, usually do that's for sure. Next up is the 1904 Singer treadle.

tlambing 01-18-2013 06:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received a very cute group of fat quarters and a nifty dishtowel from April today!!! Thanks so much!
I'm gonna get started on something for Valentines Day tomorrow :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389004[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 01-19-2013 05:30 AM

arrow fabric! love it!

ok are we close to signing up for Feb yet? (Brenda is groaning at me again.. least she ain't growlin'!)

Jvan228 01-19-2013 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5796791)
arrow fabric! love it!

ok are we close to signing up for Feb yet? (Brenda is groaning at me again.. least she ain't growlin'!)

Elisabrat,
You're so funny. Poor Brenda.
We're just half way through January.