Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January FAT QUARTER swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-fat-quarter-swap-t209733.html)

starshine 01-26-2013 01:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]390887[/ATTACH]

Ok today my computer did read the scan disk and here is my first set I received at the beginning of the month.
Now Brenda are the ones you are sending for Jan or were they Dec? I ask as I'm still waiting to hear what happened to my 2nd set in Dec. If yours are from Dec it is even funnier. ;-) If not, then I think my 2nd Dec package is in the bottom of one of the postal canvas bags that someone tossed in the corner of the sort facility and they should go over and fold them neatly so they can discover they left my package in it.

mscupid804 01-26-2013 02:57 PM

OOOOOOO I LOVE the cupids!!!!!!

brenda21 01-26-2013 05:00 PM

the ones I'm sending are from this month...with the Valentines theme..

tracibug 01-26-2013 05:22 PM

If anyone is looking for the red with gold cupids, PM me, I may be able to get you some. :-)

mscupid804 01-26-2013 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by tracibug (Post 5815972)
If anyone is looking for the red with gold cupids, PM me, I may be able to get you some. :-)

I would traci, what would u like in return??

MaryMo 01-26-2013 06:36 PM

Traci, I went to a couple of Hancock's today and did not find that fabric in the leftover Christmas fabric. It is really cute. but now I don't think I can afford it .... found some perfect fabrics for upcoming months. Then I went to another place (Fabric Recycles) to buy more ... and a sewing machine that will be great for teaching a sewing class this summer. What a profitable day!

SulaBug 01-27-2013 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5814725)
Indeed it is my dear Sula bug...and I really felt bad about yours because it's your first time playing with us!

Not to worry one bit about it!! :D I have played the FQ swap before, but not for at least a year, year & a half. This year I thought I would try signing up for a different swap each month. I just wanted to try something different!! :D I will let you know as soon as it arrive & Thank You for letting me know it's on the way!!
:D :D :D :D

starshine 01-27-2013 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5815906)
the ones I'm sending are from this month...with the Valentines theme..

See it isn't so bad -- you're in the current month. :)

auntpiggylpn 01-27-2013 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by MaryMo (Post 5816136)
Traci, I went to a couple of Hancock's today and did not find that fabric in the leftover Christmas fabric. It is really cute. but now I don't think I can afford it .... found some perfect fabrics for upcoming months. Then I went to another place (Fabric Recycles) to buy more ... and a sewing machine that will be great for teaching a sewing class this summer. What a profitable day!

I found the cherub fabric today at my Hancock's and it is about $2.00 yard so if anybody wants some I will go back and pick it up!

kiffie2413 01-27-2013 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5814389)
I was wondering if it was ok to send some shamrock and some purple gold to go with it so a combo mardi gras st. pats? what do you guys think would you mind receiving that? I have some really pretty yellow fabric with shamrocks on it that i wanted to share. I really like this fabric and I do not like yellow fabric. Its worth sharing :) but then there is this pretty purple in my stash that says share me share me! and its not st. pats. argh!

Ok do you know why there pigs on Irish St. patricks day items? (such as vintage post cards) its because of the famine that hit Ireland. If you had a pig you were very lucky because you had food. Just thought I would toss that out to you. I couldnt figure out why there was always this silly pig on the cards I collected. like ok we know about gold and rainbows and lephrechauns but a pig? really? lol so now I have lucky pigs that go out with my St. Pat decor.

I would love it! Also, thanks for the pig info...I collect pig stuff...It started as a joke, as one of my favorite sayings was "When pigs fly!" Several years back one of my best friend's husband found a pig with wings when they were on vacation, and they bought it for me...from there it just snowballed...