Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January FAT QUARTER swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-fat-quarter-swap-t209733.html)

Jvan228 01-30-2013 08:41 PM

My block from Dec

2 Attachment(s)
MaryMo,
As promised, here is my block from December's swap. It was the hardest block I have ever done. I got in online. It's from the block known as "Winter Clothes". I blew up the sections I wanted to use, They were tough. Thanx again for the FQ's.

Jvan228 01-30-2013 08:49 PM

January Swap

2 Attachment(s)
Pbadder,

Here is my block for January (Valentine's). In retrospect, I should have used the mid-color fabric for the background and the white for one of the borders. Oh well, it is what it is and I'm still learning.

Thanx Pbadder again.

sistahdebbra 01-30-2013 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5826613)
has everyone besides my two people received their fq's for January?

I am out of town, so I can't say for sure.

MaryMo 01-30-2013 09:47 PM

Oh my gosh, Jvan ... your block is so intricate. I give double (and triple) kudos for all your work! You are the paper-piecing master! :thumbup: It is beautiful! ... and you are magnificent!

Elisabrat 01-30-2013 10:04 PM

I received and my partner did too.
That cherub fabric if you got it I would love some. big bucks and all I am feeling like a big spender. even a quarter yard I know I know how do i do that.. well rolling in the quarters . yes yes I am. just rolled them yesterday they came in rather handy. Might have a few for that. AND I have flying pig fabric to trade. Kid you not. Pigs on black fabric flying with little pink wings. its cute fabric. A quilt store quality fabric. never thought I would find a pig lover I keep mentioning it and suddenly not one but two of you collect pigs. too funny. I keep saying if you want a flying PIG tablerunner or mug rug or secret home decor but no one says oh I love pigs! and here you were hiding the whole time. sheesh.

sign ups for next month? waiting patiently here toes tapping fingers tapping humm humming .. soon I think soon..
ps cute blocks!

auntpiggylpn 01-30-2013 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5826838)
I received and my partner did too.
That cherub fabric if you got it I would love some. big bucks and all I am feeling like a big spender. even a quarter yard I know I know how do i do that.. well rolling in the quarters . yes yes I am. just rolled them yesterday they came in rather handy. Might have a few for that. AND I have flying pig fabric to trade. Kid you not. Pigs on black fabric flying with little pink wings. its cute fabric. A quilt store quality fabric. never thought I would find a pig lover I keep mentioning it and suddenly not one but two of you collect pigs. too funny. I keep saying if you want a flying PIG tablerunner or mug rug or secret home decor but no one says oh I love pigs! and here you were hiding the whole time. sheesh.

sign ups for next month? waiting patiently here toes tapping fingers tapping humm humming .. soon I think soon..
ps cute blocks!

Elisabrat - I just sent you a pm!

mscupid804 01-31-2013 02:41 AM

Jvan, both your blocks are beautiful, great job!:thumbup:

MaryMo 01-31-2013 03:04 AM

Jvan, I didn't see your second block when I looked the first time ... the February block is just as good as the January one. You are certainly a master at using all the fabrics in one block! You are certainly talented!

tlambing 01-31-2013 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally finished my wallhanging. I used many of my swap fabrics and a few from my stash. I love the little scrappy border:)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391985[/ATTACH]

brenda21 01-31-2013 11:24 AM

really cute blocks that you guys have made...great idea to use your FQ's to make a block!

February signups are posted.