Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-dec-31st-4pm-t209128.html)

quiltnut4ever 12-31-2012 12:59 PM

Quilty-Louise that is just beautiful! I miss the scenery of winter but not the cold and I"m glad you were able to have hot water and cold. It looks so comfy there! Enjoy! Krystyna glad to see you on here being honry as always, we all love it! hahahaha....IF I DO NOT HAVE A CHANCE TO GET ON THE PUTER BEFORE MIDNIGHT HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU! BE SAFE, WARM AND THANKFUL!

Krystyna 12-31-2012 01:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wishing you all a wonderful New Year. Despite all the bumps in the road, life is good -- especially when you have wonderful quilty friends like all of you!

Knitette, I like that Hogamany thought - a wish to have what you need and some of what you want. What more could one wish for? Hope your packages come soon!

Here's some herring for luck! I couldn't catch and pickle my own this year, so store bought will have to do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]385039[/ATTACH]

Lstew2212 12-31-2012 01:22 PM

I'm In. sending my PM now.

Lstew2212 12-31-2012 01:24 PM

Sorry I missed the deadline, I will wait for next months.

mscupid804 12-31-2012 02:39 PM

krystyna, um, dunno what to say about that pic of herring. Down here in the south we do black-eyed peas, rice and collards or some type of greens.

quiltymom 12-31-2012 03:23 PM

Sent my Pm frist day so I'm in again!!!! LOVE SNOWMEN!!!

Quilty-Louise 12-31-2012 04:24 PM

When I lived in NC my grandma used to make black-eyed peas,
collard green (or she preferred polk salad and that stuff STINKS),
hog jaw (cooked and tasted just like bacon) and something else
but I can't remember what the forth item was that was cooked.

Originally Posted by mscupid804 (Post 5752894)
krystyna, um, dunno what to say about that pic of herring. Down here in the south we do black-eyed peas, rice and collards or some type of greens.

mscupid804 12-31-2012 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 5753093)
When I lived in NC my grandma used to make black-eyed peas,
collard green (or she preferred polk salad and that stuff STINKS),
hog jaw (cooked and tasted just like bacon) and something else
but I can't remember what the forth item was that was cooked.

We use ham hocks in the black-eyed peas to season it but here lately (around here anyway) there isn't much meat on the hocks so I use my ham bone from Christmas with plenty of ham on that bone still!

luvstoquilt 12-31-2012 04:49 PM

We eat black-eyed peas! You enjoy the Herring! Happy New Year everyone! A neighbor is coming over after while and we will have a drink or two and I am pretty sure she will go home before midnight and I will turn in. I am almost finished putting together a Christmas quilt I started over a year ago. If I don't finish before Leemarie gets here I will finish tomorrow. I am really thrilled with myself! (Another UFO is going to bite the dust!!!)

Sharon Anne I am so sorry about your neighbors. I wonder if there is some sort of "half way House" that could help them. They sound like they are unable to make it on their own. Sorry about your uncle, too. And I do believe in "3's".

Vanogay I would love to hear about the VooDoo...that sounds pretty interesting for sure! I do love New Orleans!!!

Lori I know you must be having a grand time with your family. I hope you are feeling better and getting lots of hugs!

Krystyna if you get my name just send me a card...that will be all I need and I will love it!

Be well everyone..stay safe and sober!!! (LOL)

mscupid804 12-31-2012 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5752193)
I believe in some voodoo as well (being from New Orleans, that's not surprising!)

So do I and I am not from New Orleans!:shock: