Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-dec-31st-4pm-t209128.html)

Sibi 01-18-2013 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody, I got my SP package from Knitette, thanks Eileen!!! As you all know Eileen is from Scotland and she has sent some lovely scottish themed items! I received some lovely fat quarters, binder clips, a small whisky flask key chain, a scotty dog key chain, the funniest coaster which reads "If ye belive in love at first sight, Look again when yer sober!", a recipe book, historical scotland playing cards, tea, a scottish treat which has already been eaten and enjoyed, some literature about her lovely city and a nice long letter giving me some history of Scotland and some details about her life in Scotland. Thanks a bunch Eileen, love it all! :-)

Knitette 01-18-2013 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sibi (Post 5795441)
Hi everybody, I got my SP package from Knitette, thanks Eileen!!! As you all know Eileen is from Scotland and she has sent some lovely scottish themed items! I received some lovely fat quarters, binder clips, a small whisky flask key chain, a scotty dog key chain, the funniest coaster which reads "If ye belive in love at first sight, Look again when yer sober!", a recipe book, historical scotland playing cards, tea, a scottish treat which has already been eaten and enjoyed, some literature about her lovely city and a nice long letter giving me some history of Scotland and some details about her life in Scotland. Thanks a bunch Eileen, love it all! :-)

I've just sent you a pm :o:o:o. I am an idiot. It wasn't until you mentioned about the cookbook that I realised - I addressed the parcels to the wrong SPs. You must have thought I'd lost it when I wrote about the dog hair bows for your large Labradoodle. the other SP has a tiny dog.......................

She'll shortly be opening hers and wondering what planet I'm from, never mind country!!

Humblest apologies Sylvia and I'm so glad you liked it anyway!:o

Vanogay 01-18-2013 02:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, I finally joined the received group after waiting what seemed like an eternity - it really wasn't, but when you're waiting... Well, got a wonderful package from Cherrio. Seems she was also my table runner swap partner, so it included the table runner she had made for me. Made the wait even better to get two great things. My secret pal package encluded lots of embroidery things - my second hobby is surface embroidery/cross stitching, but don't always give it much. She send me patterns so I have something new to do. Some cute elephant fabric with elephant buttons, a candle, one of those fold-up bags that is about the size of a mug rug before you open it out and use it (then try to refold it, yuk,yuk), more embroidery patterns, a fabric bowl, notepad and pen, yarn, dry erase board, candy...picture is attached - also attached picture of my table runner so you can enjoy that too!!

quiltingdragon 01-18-2013 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 5795191)
I received my package today from LaQuita. There were several pieces of fabric, a retractable kitty ruler marked in centimeters -- guess I need to brush up on metric measurements -- patterns, a lanyard, calendar, and other goodies. Thank you very much.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388870[/ATTACH]

I love thoise bright fabrics,especially the black with bright stars! I am also in love with the kitty tape measure.

clsurz 01-18-2013 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 5795459)
I've just sent you a pm :o:o:o. I am an idiot. It wasn't until you mentioned about the cookbook that I realised - I addressed the parcels to the wrong SPs. You must have thought I'd lost it when I wrote about the dog hair bows for your large Labradoodle. the other SP has a tiny dog.......................

She'll shortly be opening hers and wondering what planet I'm from, never mind country!

Humblest apologies Sylvia and I'm so glad you liked it anyway!:o

That's ok Knitette! I did get your wonderful package this evening and love all of it. Now I must hide that pair of sock and treat from my ten year old granddaughter. Oh also I'm not Sophia but Carol! You put Hola Sophia in your letter. :-)

fayzer 01-18-2013 05:53 PM

SP your package went out today. That was part 1. Part 2 will be in the mail Monday. You have a beautiful waterfall close to you.

clsurz 01-18-2013 05:56 PM

SP Package arrived this evening..........what a pleasant surprise

1 Attachment(s)
I love learning about places where other folks live so the materials and wonderful long letter sharing about yourself and your country was the tops. As a young child I did all my traveling reading books and in the 21st century I do it by viewing the Discovery Channel on the Tellie as well as the internet.

Now to hide the pair of socks from my ten year old granddaughter and also the wonderful treats/candies you sent. Yes it taste very good.

Everything is wonderful and I will truly enjoy the teas you added.

Now to figure a project to use the fabric on!

Will also have to hide the pencil and magnet from my granddaughter. LOL

Thank you again! You made my day.

clsurz
Carol Surzinski

annt59 01-18-2013 08:37 PM

Box received SP

2 Attachment(s)
Tammy B, thank you for the box I received today. Your note card was unique. I received a Washington state thimble and a Washington state mug, along with hot cocoa mix. There was also red valentine socks and green garden gloves which I may also use for quilting. Tammy made me a mug rug along with a red and a red and white mug rug. She also sent a package of Laura Ashley notecards and a ruler gripper. I loved the 2 packages of York peppermint patties, my favorite. I sure did enjoy these surprises.

Vicki W 01-18-2013 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I arrived home tonight from Ft Worth and found the most lovely package from Louette, (lac5387). What a way to be welcomed home, I am going to have a great time with the fabric and goodies. Thank you again Louette[ATTACH=CONFIG]389042[/ATTACH]

annt59 01-18-2013 08:41 PM

Above is the second picture of my January Secret Pal. First one was from Secret Santa. I tried to delete but cannot.