Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   January Secret Pal Sign up Closes Dec 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/january-secret-pal-sign-up-closes-dec-31st-4pm-t209128.html)

buslady 01-28-2013 07:58 AM

Don't know how that happened, but someone must have been a Very good girl for the post to get that package through so fast!! I sent it First Class, if that makes a difference! It will be interesting to see, I had 2 iinternational pkgs that went out, the other to Australia. I will have to keep my eye open and see how long that one takes. I am glad you like it all.

dabbler312 01-28-2013 08:20 AM

busylady - I shipped a package to Australia for the December Doll Quilt swap and it took between 2-1/2 to 3 weeks to get there. Lynnie25 said it's usually a solid two weeks between the US and Australia.

I'm one of the lucky few - we have a very helpful postal service in our community. They see me coming in every month to ship packages out and the first time I had an international package my postage was $48 and change; I thought wow - never again, I learned the trick to international rates is to keep your package under four pounds.

Knitette 01-28-2013 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5820053)
Nice package Knitette, you're going to love the Havel seam ripper. I've had mine for about 1 1/2 yrs. and it's the only one I use. Very sharp though and it can cut a hole in your fabric real easy, ask me how I know? :eek: I want to get another one for sewing upstairs. The blades last forever but let me know if you can't find them in Scotland, I ordered a box of them and would be glad to share.

Thanks Jaba - we can't get them here. I read some very good reviews, so keen to try it - won't be too long I can tell you...... Here's hoping I don't do myself an injury!

jaba 01-28-2013 08:44 AM

Let me know what you think. Did it come with extra blades?

buslady 01-28-2013 09:44 AM

Oh, my! As I read that I thought, now if she cuts herself, is it my fault? LOL LOL LOL It came with 5 blades and you can buy more. Sorry to jump in, but I knew the answer. Ha! I don't often know the answer. Ho Ho. I am gettiang a little punchy. Leaving in a little while for a 2 day training about 3 1/2 hours from home. Yes, it will be work, but it will be "away" and I have needed that. Whop Whop!! Gonna see my dog, and there is a LOT of show there. Going to Cadillac. I know there are some members that live near there. I love that area. YeeeHaaa!!!!

tracibug 01-28-2013 10:01 AM

I was out sick on Friday and had hoped I would come in today to find a package... no goodie for me. :(

wanda lou 01-28-2013 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 5819974)
Well I don't know how she did it, but my package from buslady, posted on the 22nd (tsk! tsk!) arrived in six days which included the weekend! I love everything. In fact Onalee got me everything I asked for. I've told her I'm going to divorce DH and marry her, lol. Thank you.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]391286[/ATTACH]

With regard to the two from December, I think what you folks say is, 'I'm over it' :)

Happy for you!!!! what a great package.

Nelco 01-28-2013 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nelco (Post 5815456)
just checked and my SP pkg has been delivered today. Sure hopes she likes it.

I have not seen any post from my SP if she got her pkg. I was delevered on the 26th.

quiltnut4ever 01-28-2013 04:23 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF OUR JAN. QB FRIENDS! Knitte nice pkg! Krystyna glad you liked the quilt, it was my first friendship block done and it was a pleasure to being a smile to you! Well all had a long day and ready to hit the sack, work tomorrow :(! Goodnite !

buslady 01-28-2013 07:40 PM

Thank you, nelco. Pkg here, i am out of town. Picture when home. Nook keeps kicking me off.