Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   March Secret Pal Swap Closes 4pm Feb 28th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/march-secret-pal-swap-closes-4pm-feb-28th-t214746.html)

Belfrybat 02-28-2013 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by lovngrandma (Post 5893480)
ok ladies my sp gift went out 2 days ago but i could not post as we had no electricity, yes the 2 blizzards blew in Kansas and took a package to special someone, who in some way fashion, are address somewhere a bug is around, and told me hey watch your mail cause a box is headed your way just special for you,

Good heavens you are fast! How did you get your SP this quickly? I've put a provisional packet together with a few items, but am waiting to get the questionnaire to see what colours and impements my SP wants.

Belfrybat 02-28-2013 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LoupEsprit (Post 5893365)
Um... what is a stiletto? (other than a shoe-LOL!)

It's a pointed implement that helps you in many ways. The card I put with mine reads:
A stiletto is used to:
Guide fabric through the sewing machine, especially towards the end of a seam
Hold turned edges under while ironing
Pull up bobbin thread to the top of the fabric
Aid in taking out stiches too small for a seam ripper.
Here's a pic of the ones I make:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398747[/ATTACH]

mscupid804 02-28-2013 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 5895201)
How did you get your SP this quickly?

Nobody has their name yet Belfry, signups just closed today for the March swap.

lawsonmugs 02-28-2013 04:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]398766[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]398768[/ATTACH] Hi everyone.Miss ya all. Lori sent me a PM and she said I should post some pictures of our snow..We have about 8" but we only had about 6" when I took these. they are color pictures but look black and white. notice the sign on the shed has some red in it. Hope all of you are safe and doing well. Hope to join in again maybe for april. Hugs to all Mary

quiltnut4ever 02-28-2013 05:20 PM

Welcome back barefoot quilter! And Mary those pictures are just awesome!

Crafty Darlene 02-28-2013 06:02 PM

Mary I totally agree with quiltnut, such beautiful pictures! Notice that those of us who think they are beautiful live in Florida! LOL! But I sure do miss seeing snow!
Can't wait to get my new name!

MDMPanther 02-28-2013 08:18 PM

Hello everyone...I've been away from the SP swap for quite a long time, but massage school is complete and I am gainfully employe, so I'm back in this month...looking forward to getting my SPs!!

Lori Peercy 02-28-2013 09:41 PM

You might have noticed some new names and some familuar ones, I tried to get some of our long lost swappers to come back and have some fun. Beautiful pictures Mary, looks like out my window here in Iowa. We got 10" and they are saying more Monday. I have all the names in the computer now, just finished, except for one who needs to resend her information. Will start getting names out tomorrow afternoon. Hang in there! Lori

wanda lou 02-28-2013 09:49 PM

Glad to see everyone.

wanda lou 02-28-2013 09:58 PM

Mary thank you for sharing the snow pictures, I love snow.