Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-april-30th-4pm-cdt-t219913.html)

wanda lou 05-29-2013 12:41 AM

Oh mygoodness I love the spool lights, how fun is that.

Knitette 05-29-2013 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by Gaijin (Post 6090731)
You are so very welcome! I am appreciative of all of you who choose to send internationally!

Deborah

I'll second that :)

Crafty Darlene 05-29-2013 04:27 AM

Love the spool lights too! I hope all you ladies that are on the bench receive your pkgs today!

starshine 05-29-2013 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 6088781)
Trish~ I throw mine in the wash...didn't use to but my DS used it for a work bar b q and I had no choice...hahah...it turned out fine...I just needed to press it a little bit.

Thanks Brenda, that was my concern that if I used it for a gathering where there may be several different people involved anything can happen. Planning to use it for a church potluck next week. And sometimes it isn't even your own dish that makes the mess. Anyway its good to know it is user friendly. :)

And Yea! to international swappers. I like the international flavor of the swaps too. I think it is fun to see items they have that we probably don't. One thing I wondered about was things like needles- I notice hand sewing needles are often made in England and I wondered it they are also expensive for the locals as is the fabric or because they are made there they do get a better price on things like that.

Its good to see packages are arriving. What is the count on how many are still waiting on the bench?

Knitette 05-29-2013 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by starshine (Post 6091731)
One thing I wondered about was things like needles- I notice hand sewing needles are often made in England and I wondered it they are also expensive for the locals as is the fabric or because they are made there they do get a better price on things like that.

I'm afraid not - we're constrained by market forces, so virtually everything is almost double here. Believe it or not, I was recently looking for some easy-threading needles and it would have been cheaper to buy them on eBay US and pay for the shipping over. They were made in England too.
Oddly, one thing that's on a par is mid and higher end sewing machines, sometimes even more for you guys. You do however, have more choice. I've never seen Babylock for example.

Bilben 05-29-2013 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I never quite made it to the bench, but if I had I would be off it now! I just received the greatest package from Fayzer! I got a magazine which I have not read, some candies, some VIA coffee packs, several pieces of fabric including a couple of beautiful batiks (love the fish!), some seashells, a fabric eraser, a really cute tape measure, some variegated threads, and some small scissors. I had just decided to put down small scissors on my June SP info form, so the timing couldn't have been better. She also made a little fob for the scissors (I hope it shows up in the photo) and a great little sewing notions basket. Thanks so much Fayzer, you were a great 1st SP to have!

ssnare 05-29-2013 03:42 PM

Bilben, that looks like a nice package. I am happy for you.

I am sad, I am still on the bench. No package came today.

wanda lou 05-30-2013 01:11 AM

Nice package.

Ssnare I am on the bench with you, but my pal did Pm last week.

fayzer 05-30-2013 08:18 AM

Bilben, I hope you can use some of the fabrics I sent in your landscape quilt. I had a piece of fabric with golden grasses in it, but do you think I could find it for you. NO! I'm glad you liked everything.

My cataract surgery went GREAT! I am so excited and can't wait to get the other one done!

ssnare 05-30-2013 10:06 AM

Wanda Lou, at least you have heard from your sp. Maybe we should send each other a package.