Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   May Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes April 30th 4pm CDT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/may-secret-pal-swap-signup-closes-april-30th-4pm-cdt-t219913.html)

quiltingdragon 05-26-2013 10:59 AM

Hello everbody! I didn't get to come hang out on the bench this weekend as much as I would like. Friday, my Dad called and asked me for my social security number. He had been cleared for light activity, but Mom wouldn't let him go alone. I hadn't been fishing since my 7th grade class trip, so it was an adventure. I managed to catch a small catfish. I've spent the last two days frantically cleaning my sewing stuff, as i'm moving my machine into my room for awhile until we get the basement worked on, and cutting squares for the charming addiction swap - I didn't do the math that 30 sets was 1500 squares I had to cut! So i'm trying to get that out in the mail and a handmade item made for my June package - I bought some sewing themed fabric, I think anyone should like those! How is everyone? I have missed hanging out on the board with you ladies. I'll try to check in tomorrow while i'm still off work, but if not, i'll talk to you all when my package gets here!

ssnare 05-26-2013 12:10 PM

I signed up for June, even though I have not received a May package. I know there are good people out that sign up for this swap.

luvstoquilt 05-26-2013 12:19 PM

That really stinks! I hope the partners you bench sitters get in June mail you great packages and ON TIME! We all know and run into extenuating circumstances but when that happens just notify Lori. I totally agree it is disheartening when you mail your package and you don't ever get a PM. Makes me wonder where that person came from that they can't take a few seconds to say the package arrived and "thank you"....end of lecture! I signed up for June!

jaba 05-26-2013 05:31 PM

Being that I was on vacation this month I didn't sign up for fear that I couldn't mail on time. Now I'm debating if I want to sign up again, seems as though things haven't changed very much. ssnare we are usually sitting right on that bench together, it sucks truthfully. I think I must have been wrong or taught wrong my whole life, always told if you say you will do something make sure you do it. It's your word and that is the most important thing you will ever be able to give someone. Taught my kids that too. I'll get off the lecture podium too luvstoquilt, but I truly do not understand this. Kind of makes you wonder doesn't it? :(

lawsonmugs 05-26-2013 10:14 PM

How many are still waiting for their swap?

wanda lou 05-26-2013 11:40 PM

I am still waiting, but I received a PM from my pal said she would be mailing soon... Yippie!!!!
Thank you for the pm pal.

Bilben 05-27-2013 05:24 AM

I am still waiting, but my partner mailed hers almost 3 weeks ago. Maybe the post office sent the package via scenic tour?

ssnare 05-27-2013 07:30 AM

I am still waiting.

quiltingdragon 05-27-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6087192)
How many are still waiting for their swap?

I got one, still waiting on the other with no word from my partner, or from Lori that my partner let her know. I wouldn't mind getting it late at all, I know things happen and have had to ask for a lot of grace myself lately as things have been crazy, but wish they'd let me or Lori know. Oh, well, maybe tomorrow.

Krystyna 05-27-2013 08:21 AM

I've got to think about this. I am so over-committed right now with house stuff, but I know I'll really miss it if I don't, bench sitting or not. Hmmmm.